• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding not going well

GBNI

Warren Scout
I'm doing the long bonding method as it is not possible for me to stay with the buns 24/7 and there is nowhere in my house I can bring them into (parents :roll:)

So they have lived side by side for a month or more now. hey always snuffle through their bars and Adrian allows Joey to groom him through the bars. I have swapped them into each other hutches for 5-10mins before as well.

First day bonding went well, we have sniffing, indifference, humping then lying down.

Today not so good. We had indifference, bit of eating, then when it came to the sniffing suddenly boom! Bunny ball of fighting! :cry: I squirted them with a water bottle which only just stopped them and have now put them back in their respective hutches. They'd be in together about 15mins at this point.

I did realise how terrible a bunny fight would be :( There was literally fur flying out everywhere!

How long should I leave them to chill out before putting them in for a while longer? The first day they spent an hour in together!

stop them from fighting but don't separate them afterwards. They need to learn to live together and that you won't accept fighting.

I put them back in together for 10minutes (it started to rain :p) and they ate aways they they would go head to head and one would lunge. As soon as that happened I shouted 'no!' in a firm voice and clapped my hands which stopped them. Is that the right thing to do? They then went back to eating.

I put them back in together for 10minutes (it started to rain :p) and they ate aways they they would go head to head and one would lunge. As soon as that happened I shouted 'no!' in a firm voice and clapped my hands which stopped them. Is that the right thing to do? They then went back to eating.

Yes. Rain can help when bonding. The rabbits are more interested in taking shelter than fighting, if you lucky they will take shelter together.

Joey loves the rain so that doesn't help, silly boy :D

I think I might try the car ride idea that people talk about?

Back