• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dear Thor, please stop peeing on my bed

applebed

Alpha Buck
You might say that he keeps having little accidents but he's clearly doing it on purpose!! (He otherwise keeps it to the litter trays.) I think he's just saying 'I like this, but it doesn't smell of me, MINE!'

I've been through three duvets now and I think the man at the launderette's thinks I have a continence problem or an unusual fetish :oops:

Has anyone had a bun with this naughty habit and successfully stopped them from doing it?

Is he neutered? I had exactly the same problem with my sofa and my bed until I got Nermal neutered (he also used to do what I called drive-by sprayings and pee on my feet while running past!)

I also think that putting a kind of raincoat-type material over whichever surface he likes will put him off a bit as it's noisy and not very comfy.

What age is your bun as well? I think when they're younger they're just not so good at toilet training and understanding boundaries - it may just take time for him to calm down.

I'd really recommend neutering (unless you're planning to breed, obv) as behaviour in general in my opinion improves a lot afterwards.

Good luck!

You might say that he keeps having little accidents but he's clearly doing it on purpose!! (He otherwise keeps it to the litter trays.) I think he's just saying 'I like this, but it doesn't smell of me, MINE!'

I've been through three duvets now and I think the man at the launderette's thinks I have a continence problem or an unusual fetish :oops:

Has anyone had a bun with this naughty habit and successfully stopped them from doing it?

You need to stop him going on your bed to break the behaviour pattern, can you block it off? I would also watch your reaction when he does do it....any reaction from you.....negative or positive may be reinforcing the behaviour by giving him the reward of attention. I would do both....discourage/prevent it by blocking off the bed, and don't react. I would also focus on rewarding him with lots of praise and a treat when he uses his litter tray and you catch him quick enough to reward and praise him.
I agree he needs to be neutered too! :) Good luck.

He's been neutered for over a year now. He just turned 2.
It's not really possible to block off the bed but I might try the plastic idea. I'm sure he is partially doing it for the attention, he is constantly hopping on the bed and getting me to shoo him down again.

What is it with buns - the min you tell them know, suddenly that's all they want to do.

When I got my english spot Joey (second ever bun) he ALWAYS wee'd on my sofa. He stopped when I got a leather one. :oops::lol:

bunnys like to pee on the soft blankets, and were your scent is,

:?
when my bunny peed on my bed , i would catch him doing it or right after and u can gently pinch ther nose , ( its how momma bunnies punish their babies to keep them out of trouble) and say NO! then you get down next to them and kinda jump away from them and turn your back on them. it lets them know you are insulted by what they did! they may even try to apologize by licking you. thats what my bunny did. after about 3 accidents, he stopped completely [: also be sure to not feed them treets on you bed or they'll pee on it again! :)

Last edited:

i know how u feel scooter started doing this but i couldnt do much about it apart from covering my bed with a tarup and telling him that it was naughty. i did try to keep him of my bed but he loves it up there and u cant watch him all the time. :)

oh jeez applebed, I feel your pain! (my thread on the same topic is just below yours!)

Louis does this and I can tell its on purpose! He hops onto the bed, and I keep a beady eye on him thinking "Maybe he won't, maybe he's grown out of it" but within a minute he starts pawing with his back feet and I have to swoop in before my evening is lost to handwashing all my bedsheets and drying them with a hairdryer!

Its really frustrating as I want to be able to leave the room when he's hopping around but life really is too short to have to wash stinky bunny pee out of your sheets....

Maybe a plastic sheet is the answer. Not very appealing though as its the only place in my room to sit!! (bunny condo takes up the space where I would otherwise have a desk. doesn't he know what I've sacrificed for him??)

sigh. the saga continues!

A few things that helped me...

1. Don't feed ANYTHING on the bed, nothing at all.

2. Ensure he can get down. We had to build Mischa a ramp cos he could get up but struggled to get back down.

3. Don't offend them. By this I mainly mean don't eat anything yourself in bed! Mischa WILL pee on the bed if I upset him by eating something in bed! Also don't go in, grab something and ignore him. If mine think they are being ignored they will seek attention by doing something naughty, easiest way to be naughty? Weeing on the bed.

4. Try a tarp. After about 6 months to a year of having a tarp on my bed they finally understood that bed does not equal litter tray.

bunnys like to pee on the soft blankets, and were your scent is,

:?
when my bunny peed on my bed , i would catch him doing it or right after and u can gently pinch ther nose , ( its how momma bunnies punish their babies to keep them out of trouble) and say NO! then you get down next to them and kinda jump away from them and turn your back on them. it lets them know you are insulted by what they did! they may even try to apologize by licking you. thats what my bunny did. after about 3 accidents, he stopped completely [: also be sure to not feed them treets on you bed or they'll pee on it again! :)

I'm not sure pinching on the nose will do anything!

Back