• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bindweed

i was browsing through the threads and noticed that in answer to a question is bindweed ok for rabbits 2 people wrote no its toxic.

i am highly confused as i have loads growing in my garden and have always given it to my buns with no probs at all, they love it !!! all the books i have read say it is fine too. know other people who feed it to buns with no probs.

although i did read that there is a weed that looks like bindweed called californian bindweed that is toxic. could this be where the confusion is?

:?

Hi, I dont know if this helps or not but the Collins Rabbit guide that I recently bought in Pets at Home lists Holly Bindweed in its dangerous or risky plants for rabbits section.

(It was printed 1999 and some of the advice seems outdated but I guess risky plants would stay the same).

Best wishes
Helen

i have laods of bindweed, didn't think abunny could eat it...might have to recruit ruby in the garden clearance if it is safe.

I have it down on all of my lists and links on web pages as being unsafe for bunnies, despite being okay for tortoises.

Back