• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could I have your opinions on price of a hutch from Dawsons please?

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
We're looking to buy Charlotte & Toby a new hutch - 6ft w x 4ft h x 2ft d with 2 levels in it, which will go in their pen in the aviary. We've been quoted £300 for the hutch & £30 delivery from Dawsons. Normally John delivers them ready built, but as we can't get large items round the back of the house it would need to come flat packed & he would then have to put it together inside the aviary.

I did suggest Mark make us one, but he's having none of it - I think he wants a rest after all I've had him building this year :oops:

I want to make sure it's a really well made sturdy one that will last a long time, so don't mind paying a bit more for it to have it custom made. Do you think this is reasonable or have any ideas where I could get a custom made one with the measurements we want for a better deal?

Any ideas welcome.

Hi

I got a Dawson's hutch a few months ago - I think the one you are getting but with a large run attached. The buns and I think it is fantastic and well worth the cost.

Not long after getting it we started to see foxes in our vicinity. However, the hutch is so robust that I think it would be very difficult for a fox to get at the buns when they are put away for the night in it (although we do still have a FoxWatch and have put a fox-proof hedgehog house in the hutch).

I would fully recommend.

That's about the same price as a Rydale hutch of the same spec. TBH though I wish I hadn't paid for a rydale because the buns chew it to pieces because it's in an aviary. It's a fantastic quality hutch, and would probably last for ever if it didn't have little bunny teefs knawing it constantly. I've tried to protect it with metal plaster edging strips, but there is just too much exposed wood on the doors, etc :roll: :roll:

Back