• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on getting a new bun

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
I really need to cos Apache looks piteous with no one to love him, I am at work all day and asleep all night.

Ant tips on how to accept a new bun into my life without always just comparing her to Sorrel? :? I know thats a really scummy thing to do but I'm worried that I won't be able to help it. :cry:

i have no idea hun, but im hoping just the fact they will be different in everyway personality wise youll find a little hole in your heart is filled (obviously not the bit Sorrel filled, but a new part you didnt know you had)

If you get a bun that looks very different you will love it..but Sorrel will always stay in your heart
I never thought I'd get over losing my first dog..but had several since and loved them all:D

(and we have some girlies who really need some tlc from a great owner!!)

awww ...you will love her for herself ...

i worried too when i took on Franc ...but i love him loads ..hes not Blue and never will be but i love him all the same :D

When i went to get a bunny, i chose James from the litter because he had the one ear up, one ear down thing like Tyler. After i got James i noticed that with time his personality got more and more like Tylers.. But i love it because it still kinda feels like Tyler is here.

Hello, hope you don't mind me sharing my experience with you.

I lost my pampered 10 year old female Rex this year and 9 year old cross-bred male last year. :( Although I wanted more rabbits, there were so many in rescue centres, it was difficult to decide on another rabbit, also nothing could replace the previous ones.

I wanted another rex but not a female as I thought that it may be too upsetting. In the end I fell for a female castor rex and male mini rex as there was something about them - when I met them I knew I had found the right ones.

From my own experience look around, follow you instincts and look for a bunny you feel a bond/connection with, or let the bunny chose you (with Apaches approval of course). My new buns will never replace the previous ones but there is always room in you heart for another one as they always have their own little ways.

Back