• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outdoor Bonding Pen?

Bellikinz

Warren Scout
This might sound crazy, but I've been wondering whether a smallish outdoor run would be okay to to bond two outdoor bunnies? I've heard they need to stay the night in the pen, and it might be a toughy what with watching them at night. But maybe you could pitch up a tent and keep watch? Just thinking up ideas! :wave:;)

This might sound crazy, but I've been wondering whether a smallish outdoor run would be okay to to bond two outdoor bunnies? I've heard they need to stay the night in the pen, and it might be a toughy what with watching them at night. But maybe you could pitch up a tent and keep watch? Just thinking up ideas! :wave:;)

I usually use a 6 by 8' pen then gradually make it smaller. Don't leave bonding rabbits unattended. I Keep them together and supervised from 8-4 or even later sometimes then seperate them overnight untill they are fully bonded. some people keep them indoors and sleep with bonding rabbits though I have never done this myself.

Last edited:
I moved my small garden pen inside to do my bonding. Its a hexagonal run and I just used 4 bits to make a square.

May2009018-2.jpg

I have done 2 very successful bonds in this pen.

I really would recommend doing the bonding inside if you can. I spent 2 nights on the sofa bed supervising things. Having them inside meant that I could supervise and get on with normal life at the same time. I wouldnt have managed this if they had been in the garden.

Back