• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding question now with pic

jenny s

Mama Doe
:shock:ive just seen a female 12 month old giant on freecycle:shock:

my question is do you think 2 females and 1 male would work. i have emailed the person about her as im sure loads of people would be interested as she is a giant but dont no much about the breed

any advice would be great

Last edited:
I have no experience of this but I do know that many members seem to have 2 females and a male, all neutered of course.

i have 2 conties male and female both have been done

I've had a male with two females and they got on great. Then I added a male and they got on even better. Bonding a rabbit, male or female into an existing pair is always harder than bonding a pair and you'll need to be even more cautious due to there size. I'll bet conties could do some damage.

thanks simon

my two are sooo laid back but i bet they could do some damage, waiting for a reply so fingers crossed.

not told hubby yet though :lol::lol:

all the ad said was

a giant female white rabbit, needs new home as living as a house bun but needs more space. was rescued when she was small around 12 months old

My rabbits are laid back as well but you'll be shocked to see how they get when faced with an unfamiliar rabbit. If you have no experience bonding try and ask someone from a local rescue to help. Also and I don't mean this in a sexist way but it would be a good idea to have your OH handy to stop fights before they start with them being conties. When you start bonding you'll see what I mean. It can be scary.

thanks simon

i will tell hubby when she is her, as mum says he can only kill me once:lol::lol:

just had an email from her owners, with a pic :love::love:

hi yer no she is not spayed she will settle does not like ter brought out
being picked up but that could come with time she eats well but needs to have her character brought out i not got the time due to ill health and we live in a flat as well hence she is a house rabbit we have animals as i will rescue anthing
and re home it when i know its ok

securedownload1.jpg

OMG!! GET HER FOR BECKY!!!!!!!!! :love::love::love::love::love::love:

JANAK!!!!

Could you not get her anyway Jenny... and rehome her form yours? At least you'd know she'd be going to a good home. I can lend you a 48" dog crate to keep her in...

*So tempted but OH will KILL me*

Im worried she will get taken by someone whos kids are on their school hols :(

hubby wont let me as he knows id keep her

just had an arguement with hubby and he told me " well get her then" so ive emailed the man about getting her tomorrow.

Last edited:
hubby wont let me as he knows id keep her

just had an arguement with hubby and he told me " well get her then" so ive emailed the man about getting her tomorrow.

YAY!!!! Im so pleased for ya!!! Let us know how u get on ;)

will let you no how we get on and if she doesnt work out i will rehome her from here but fingers crossed it will work out;)

Back