• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding - day 1

GBNI

Warren Scout
You can only see one water bowl in this, but there was one at the other end. They don't use litter trays so none were put in.

Joey (lop) had just tried to hump Adrian who pushed him off, then forced him to lie beside him?

090813_133024.jpg

Here, Joey had headed to Adrian like he was going to try and mount him, but Adrian lay down so Joey did too

090813_133618.jpg

Lying further apart

090813_132741.jpg

Adrian seems quite disinterested in Joey, but occassionally when Joey comes over, Adrian seems to try and force his head under Joeys front, is he trying to get groomed? Joey doesn't groom him though.

In my experience, a much smaller area is best for bonding. I usually start with an indoor cage or one metre square pen. Will get the job done quicker as bunnies can't avoid one another. Good luck with the bond x

Are you getting the tent out tonight, to supervise??

I have to agree. smaller space,(I use about 4ftx4ft) indoors, and keep them in the same space for the next three or four days, I find the spare bedroom or the living room works best

ETA, still it looks promising, they did start off close together

If you are slow bonding the signs look good, and personally the space is fine for that. If you are fast bonding, listen to everybody else, I've never done it.:)

I've always found that a really small space to start with is easier but I suppose every case is different:?

Back