• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Personality change after castration

GBNI

Warren Scout
Joey was a friendly, cuddly bun before castration, but since being done he has become difficult to handle.

He still licks my hand, but now if I try to lift him to put him away or move him he runs away! Is it because he thinks I'm going to take him back to the vet?

It's quite upsetting as he was so sweet before whereas Adrian bun has always been difficult to handle, so he is only lifted when required.

Could you maybe lift him and put him where the treats are a couple of times a day? Maybe a nice pile of dandelions or something and he then may start to associate it with something nice. Hope he starts to come around soon :wave:

how long ago was his op? i posted recently on eric's demonic behaviour since his castration (so lovely and sweet before, mass destruction of the house since:roll:) and i was advised by other members that it was probably a coincidence that his teenage bunny behaviour had kicked in around the same time and that it would pass........hope so:)

i'll try find my thread if i get chance. it wasn't long ago.

He was done two weeks ago tomorrow and had his stitches out on Saturday. We believe him to be about 8 months old (don't know exactly as I rehomed him off a family who didn't want him)

Back