• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We really need vibes please, we are on lockdown at the moment :(

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
Some of you might know my Maddie has been loosing weight and being soaked in urine she was put on panacur for EC Thurs 6th she has responded well to this treatment and when i took her back to vets today she has not lost weight (she is exactly the same) and her bum has been totally dry for a few days now Christabel is pleased with her progress.

I took one of the fosters with me as he has been 'off' and turned really aggressive the last few days i though tit might be his teeth but C said teeth are fine she actually thinks he has gone blind :cry: :cry: or at least has very little sight this is a symptom of EC.

As a precaution C has put me on lockdown, no bunnies in or out for the next 6 weeks and everyone of them will have the full course of panacur.
I have to go buy scales tomorrow to weigh every single one of them to find the dose for each, its not going to be fun trying to get syringe medicine into 17 rabbits every day!

no other buns are showing any signs but she would rather them all have the panacur, so if you have any spare vibes we could really do with some :(

Last edited:
Oh god Katie - how awful & so stressful for you & the buns :cry: Sending you as many vibes & hugs from me & the bunsters as possible xxx

Oh good grief.........:? :cry:

Lots of vibes for everyBun.

Liam and Niamh took Panacur liquid really well when I gave them a 28 day course.

Is it one of the REWs that has gone blind ?

Thanks guys, it is just a precaution as 2 have had symptoms that could be EC, it could also be something else but only a blood test can confirm EC and its £100 each for a blood test :shock:
I know they are not going to be pleased at being syringed meds everyday!

I hope your bunnies are ok.
I cheat with panacur. My girls all gobble it down on a tiny piece of their favourite naughty treat, bread.
My boy is too clever for that, he eats around it leaving a little disc of panacur so he gets his on a little slice of his favourite squishy pear (the panacur paste is easier for this)

I hope your bunnies are ok.
I cheat with panacur. My girls all gobble it down on a tiny piece of their favourite naughty treat, bread.
My boy is too clever for that, he eats around it leaving a little disc of panacur so he gets his on a little slice of his favourite squishy pear (the panacur paste is easier for this)

Thanks, i might have to try the bread trick with the more difficult buns!

Oh gosh, what a worry for you. :(:( I would struggle with syringing meds to one of my two, never mind that many buns.

If it's any use to you, I have a couple of tubes of the panacur past unopened that need to be used by oct I think. It will only be enough for one bunny probably, but will help if there is a particularly struggly bun as you could probably hide the dose inside a basil leaf or similar. Lmk and I can post them off.

I never syringe my own unless there is no other way, not because I find it difficult, just because I can't bear their disapproval and sulking afterwards :)

Oh gosh, what a worry for you. :(:( I would struggle with syringing meds to one of my two, never mind that many buns.

If it's any use to you, I have a couple of tubes of the panacur past unopened that need to be used by oct I think. It will only be enough for one bunny probably, but will help if there is a particularly struggly bun as you could probably hide the dose inside a basil leaf or similar. Lmk and I can post them off.

Aw thank you that is very kind of you but i already have the bottles of liquid.

I know most of them willl be ok, Tiff will be the worst she hates being handled at all i am never going to get the meds into her esp on my own, i am going to have to get someone to come round every night to help me.
Maddie has been brill with it i pick her up, wrap her in a towel and put her on the side hold her head, syringe the med and then pop her a small piece of dry banana afterwards and she never struggle or moves :love:

Are you sure? I don't want any money for them (I bought in bulk as I was going to routinely panacur Alfie and Bubbles every few mths then decided against it after all the discussions on here). Maybe Tiff could be persuaded to eat the paste hidden in food - it'd be one less struggle for you. ;)

all mine take panacur on a strong smelling herb or leafy green no probs, no handling required do it before main meal time they should wolf it down, it reminds me ive got to do all mine docs is my weakest bun he gets done regular as hes had worms twice and get very bleh is the word other than doing the ec test vet cant find anyting wrong

hugs to you the feeling of quarentine isnt nice,

Last edited:
Really sorry to hear this :( It would be one of my nightmares too, given bun volume here being similar to yours. At least this has happened in summer not in January, so the whole process won't need to be done in the dark/cold/at sub-zero temps. Sending vibes for every bun xx

Back