• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel so Guilty

tkdkat

Young Bun
I took Jaspy to the vets today for his Mixi jab and told them about millie atacking her but that Iv'e been swapping their toys over and putting them in each others runs. Millie had stopped biting the wire netting seperating them so i was told to maybe try and introduce them again

No No No :(:(:( Millie attacked Jaspy fur flying the works I had a tea towel on hand ready but Jaspy went in the same tunnel as Millie before I could stop him. Ended up running out of the tunnel with Millie biting poor Jaspy was yelping. Do I need to get him checked out Ive looked him over and cant find any noticable wounds

Why did I try again I'm so stupid I should have listened to you guys on here and not the vet....

What are my chances of bonding them in 2/3 months...

I feel so bad poor little Jaspy

bonding/rabbits

:shock:
I took Jaspy to the vets today for his Mixi jab and told them about millie atacking her but that Iv'e been swapping their toys over and putting them in each others runs. Millie had stopped biting the wire netting seperating them so i was told to maybe try and introduce them again

No No No :(:(:( Millie attacked Jaspy fur flying the works I had a tea towel on hand ready but Jaspy went in the same tunnel as Millie before I could stop him. Ended up running out of the tunnel with Millie biting poor Jaspy was yelping. Do I need to get him checked out Ive looked him over and cant find any noticable wounds

Why did I try again I'm so stupid I should have listened to you guys on here and not the vet....

What are my chances of bonding them in 2/3 months...

I feel so bad poor little Jaspy

don,t feel too bad...hope there is-not alot of healing to do,,sometimes bonding works and sometimes it don,t--it would appear there are issues between these two,,i recommend ,what you already know--keep them apart,,maybe,just maybe-if you can view their behavior during the coming months,,you could supervise a visitation of sort whereas you have full control,:love:,,sincerely james waller

I'm so sorry this happened. :( Unfortunately some vets know very little about rabbits and their natural behaviour.

I just read back on your old posts as I didn't know the history with these two but I don't think you've completely ruined your chances of bonding them in the future. It's very important that you wait until both have been neutered though - Millie is obviously very hormonal and it will be impossible and very dangerous to try to bond them before she has been spayed. It's also important to neuter Jaspy, otherwise he will hump at every given opportunity, which is then likely to annoy Millie and cause friction.

Keep them well away from each other until both have been neutered and you have given them a chance for their hormones to settle. Then try to bond on neutral territory. Have a look through some of the bonding threads on here in the meantime so that you know what you should be doing and what to expect from a normal bonding.

A quick update Millie seems to be tolerating Jaspy better now, no longer chases up and down her run trying to get him. She seems to be lying nearer the seperating wire divider more calmly, always used to lie in hutch so a step forward. Do I wait until neutered and sprayed just to be on the safe side, as she is being better do you think I will be able to bond them in the future it just seems ages away - 3 months still...

Back