• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue space needed

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
As soon of you will have seen I took a male bun from my sister in laws on Friday after he was living in a hamster cage following a rather nasty fight with his brother. He was the aggressor and came off unharmed! He has had small children be quite rough with him so isnt very trusting and as a result can bite. He is approximately 12 weeks old with rather well developed plums.

He honks and is very possessive about things and is in desperate need of neutering. I would neuter him and try to rehome myself but I feel he needs someone more experienced due to his behaviour.

I have space for him to stay here for a few weeks but I cant give him the time he deserves to become a more sociable bunny.

Kris at Starlights may have a space in a few weeks but it would be a long drive for him so are there any rescues nearer that have space for a rather hormonal dutch?

Ahh dear, poor little lad :( Sounds like hes had a bad start in life :(

He is exactly the same as Cloggs i have here though, Cloggs makes a funny honking noise when i put my hands in his hutch, once out of the hutch he is so lovable tho :? Is Harry like this too? Cloggs has been neutered aswell, poor mite has been in rescue 11 months tho!

I hope a rescue is able to take him in soon, hopefully the neutering will calm him down a little :? Do all dutch bunnies honk/grunt i wonder?? :lol: :oops:

Thanks but I wouldnt want him to go there- its an already overly crowded rescue and I dont agree with some of the things the owner does.

I will drive him part of the way and then try organise a bunny run to get him anywhere he needs to go. Starlights is great, just thought its daft asking people to help with a bunny run if there is somewhere closer that have a space.

Why don't you get him neutered now as that will help calm him down, and reduce the amount of money a rescue would need to spend on him :)

I am often up in Notts so could possible help with a bunny run in a months or so?

Why don't you get him neutered now as that will help calm him down, and reduce the amount of money a rescue would need to spend on him :)

I am often up in Notts so could possible help with a bunny run in a months or so?

I would love to but I cant afford it at the minute. My local one charge £80 and I cant get him to the one that is cheaper (£45) as im on holiday next week then back at work.

I have just been and told him and he honked at me! Not sure whether thats a sign of happiness or disgust!

You wont love him when he latches onto your finger!

Yep another honk at the name! I think he likes it!

Back