• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We are all home now...

vicki267

Mama Doe
Eva is home from her spay and eating - They gave her a metacam injection but REFUSED to give me any more - I told them if she is in pain and I need to come back in tomorrow they better not charge me for a consult!

Anyhow, Stevie's eye was worse today so just as well he had the vets. The vet (different practice to Eva's) flushed his eye out and gave him a injection of Oxytectrin. I have to take him back on Thurs to have it flushed and more abx given - He said if it clears up nicely we will attempt to resuture and see how it goes from there.

Bobbi and Alfie had there vaccs today too, the vet is concerned that Bobbi is very small, the risk of myxi is too high IMO, she is between 9-10 weeks old now but at only 280g he wants me to keep a close eye on her :?

Eva is back for her check up on Wed and then we will see if Bobbi can go back in with her (still in with Alfie at the moment but they will need separating this week).

My hospital appointment went well too :)

Blimey what a busy day !! :shock:

I hope Stevie responds well to the Oxytet' :)

Yes I'm shattered now, so pleased my 7pm client is on hols for 3 weeks :lol:

I really hope he responds to it too. I did mention the other stuff to him but he thought flushing is the best option right now. I mentioned swabbing and he said although a good idea, chances are it will come back negative :? So he said if it doesn't get better we'll do a swab then.

I haven't touched his eye but it looks so much better :D

Yes I'm shattered now, so pleased my 7pm client is on hols for 3 weeks :lol:

I really hope he responds to it too. I did mention the other stuff to him but he thought flushing is the best option right now. I mentioned swabbing and he said although a good idea, chances are it will come back negative :? So he said if it doesn't get better we'll do a swab then.

I haven't touched his eye but it looks so much better :D

Sounds like you have a good Vet there :D

Back