• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can bunnies eat stinging nettles, or ...

They don't seem to sting them, mine will happily munch away on fresh stinging nettles with no sign that it is anything other than delicious!

Ooh, that's handy, I have a crop sprouting in the garden... I will give it a try - without stinging myself if I can, stingy nettle stings hurt me for days :(
Thanks.

Our buns don't want to know! Darn were going to be over run soon haha anyone want to lend a nettle eating bun? :lol::lol:

I put ours in the oven - they took about 5mins to try (or 5 mins to burn as my first batch came out). I might go make some later now hehe

oooh ok what temp please? (might go try some myself!)

Honestly? I don't know :roll: I just randomly turn it on probably to 180 but as I burnt them so fast they'll probably dry from even 100 :D I suppose the faster you want them (or the blacker you want them :oops: ) the higher it goes haha. Don't forget to wear thick gloves :D I used our old oven gloves last time as I got stung through the gardening ones :lol:

Honestly? I don't know :roll: I just randomly turn it on probably to 180 but as I burnt them so fast they'll probably dry from even 100 :D I suppose the faster you want them (or the blacker you want them :oops: ) the higher it goes haha. Don't forget to wear thick gloves :D I used our old oven gloves last time as I got stung through the gardening ones :lol:

ok thanks, will bear that in mind :lol: or maybe get the OH to handle them ;)

Proof!

039-1.jpg

My Suzi eating nettles. I brought some home in this box to make some nettle soup and before I knew it she was in there nomm-nomming away. These nettles were still stinging my fingers but she had no problem eating them. Once you've picked them I found that they do dry out naturally.

I wouldn't bother with the nettle soup by the way unless you add loads of other yummy veggies.

Proof!

039-1.jpg

My Suzi eating nettles. I brought some home in this box to make some nettle soup and before I knew it she was in there nomm-nomming away. These nettles were still stinging my fingers but she had no problem eating them. Once you've picked them I found that they do dry out naturally.

I wouldn't bother with the nettle soup by the way unless you add loads of other yummy veggies.

hehe that picture is so cute :love::love: nettle soup sounds scary :oops::lol:

I think nettles contain allergens which means they are only effective against certain species skin types e.g. humans. Could be wrong though.

Back