• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rice

Lynne_Zeb

Young Bun
I think I read somewhere that if a rabbit has runny poo rice can be fed to the rabbit to help.

I just wanted to check before doing this

Zeb frequently has a messy bum so I try to keep him on a diet of hay & Selective Science pellets & just give fruit & veg as a treat as I have figured that the drier the diet the drier his poo...unfortunately today this mummy got a bit messy & smelly when I picked him up so I thought if it is ok rice might help him out!

looking forward to getting your advice x

I wouldn't recommend feeding a rabbit rice. If he's messy then you need to limit his pellets and offer him more hay. They should only get around an egg cupful of pellets a day anyway as hay should make up the bulk of their diet.

If he eats hay, then try to reduce pellets.

I have a rabbit that does not eat hay :roll:, he has Oxbow Bunny Basics T which helps to keep him regular - he used ot be on SS.

Back