• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rambi needs a friend, how to do it?

huppie

Mama Doe
I think this is posted in the wrong place - reposted to bonding. Sorry/Thanks

OP:
Dear All

Over the weekend Huppie passed away :cry: It is awful, I can't concentrate and it all sucks... :cry:

What I am finding surprisingly difficult though is watching Rambaldi all by himself. :( He is a definite 'rabbit's bunny' and doesn't really like people so he won't come to me when he is lonely, although he let hubby stroke him today which is a HUGE sign he is fed up. The misery of seeing him alone is making my loss feel that much worse.

Is it too early for him to have a new friend this week? I assume not but I thought I'd ask. We will go to the same rescue centre we got Rambi from but what do I need to do at home?

Should I scrub out the bunny space completely and get new toys and things right from scratch? When we got Rambi we already had Huppie but had not had her long and had her in the previous carer's hutch and stuff. We replaced everything when we got Rambi so everything was new together. It would be hard to do that this time. Any advice you have would be great. Thanks

Also, their space is 8sqm (26ft) 24/7 plus lots of climbing frames adding extra space and an extra floor of the hutch (always open) - is this enough for a trio? I think it might be too small but am not sure. I doubt I would be able to get the centre to bond three together but they might (they do the bonding for us).

Thanks

Emma

Last edited:
Back