• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is Air freshner

No because it can easily irritate the Bun's nasal passages causing inflammation and possible subsequent infection.

Best thing is lots of fresh air circulating the environment :)

No because it can easily irritate the Bun's nasal passages causing inflammation and possible subsequent infection.

Best thing is lots of fresh air circulating the environment :)

And our human nasal passages too! Air fresheners constantly vapourise aromatic hydrocarbons/perfumes into the air to be breathed in by all lungs....ours, bunnies etc....
Fresh air is much better for us all!! :D

Noooo, these things will never come into my house, they are unnecessary, unhealthy and smell awful, anyway. They are really bad for pets, I think someone even lost a rat because of them.

I was worried about opening the window and allowing flies in.

I dont want a case of Flystrike, have to look for something to go up to stop the flies coming in

Thanks guys :D

Sawdust irritates their eyes, and the lemon scent might make things worse. It isn't natural lemon scent anyway, it is some factory made smell. I use hay and straw in my litter boxes, and newspaper underneath. If cleaned out regularly, bunnies don't smell bad, and if they do, then it is usually from the food. Excel pellets make them smell worse than other pellets, and some vegetables can have a similar effect. A little bit of smell is normal, if you can't bear that, then house bunnies are not for you.

If you are worried about flies, you could get a mosquito net for the window. It is very rare that a healthy rabbit with clean fur gets flystrike. But mosquitoes can come indoors and pass on myxi, too, so if you have many in your area, a net is a good idea.

Perhaps you could hang bunches of some naturally nice smelling flowers/herbs in the room...
Like lavender or any of the aromatic herbs.. thyme, basil, mint etc.
If you can stop the bunnies eating them that is!

Back