• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Lily

Brennan

Alpha Buck
I haven't posted on the forums for a long time but Im just after a few vibes to help Lily..

She is really in need of some peace and quiet and is sick of me I think...

She was off colour Thursday night and I noticed she had quite watery poo's, I gave her some fibreplex and syringe fed her through the night to keep her hydrated, I got no sleep checking on her every few hours and she was at the vets Friday morning the minute they opened...

The vet gave her a good check - said her gut was showing no signs of stasis, gave her some metaclopromide and told me to continue with the fibreplex & syringe feeds, meanwhile I noticed her ear was very red and he checked it and she has quite a bad ear infection :(

So she is on baytril and canaural along with the fibreplex and Science Recovery along with lots of TLC...for 7 days to clear the infection...

She has been eating, she has been in the garden but she is fed up with me giving her medicine all day :( she still has very loose poos - to the point where I would describe them as watery, so I cleaned her bottom and gave her a hug but she is not impressed...

I am going to take her back to the vets tomorrow because I feel bad for her really, and for my own benefit as they can't really do anymore than they are already doing, but I feel so down about her being so poorly...

Pretty long post really - considering all I was after were some vibes ooops x

Last edited:
Thinking of you hun - just posted on your Facebook too. Give Lily a nose rub frm us. It sounds like you're doing all you can. Might be worth asking the vet for some probiotic for the drinking water - antibiotics sometimes upset bunny tums. Keep us posted xx

It's hard isn't it when you have a poorly bun. I think we can all understand that. Sending vibes to you and Lily. Hope she improves. Keep us posted x

Everything crossed for Lilly for quick return of normal gut bacteria & poops.
I take it that she has normal waste poops and "runny smelly" (uneaten caecotrophs) - a sign of an overgrowth of the wrong bacteria in her caecum?

Yes all the buns can have Biolapis, it's just a powder with the right bacteria for bunny tummies.

I'm sure you know to cut out fruit, & starch/sugary foods, reduce dry feed & veg a bit, & increase hay.
We well know the stress of mediating unwilling bunnies

All the best at the vets today - Judy & Thumper.

Back