• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What toys

DemiS

Warren Veteran
Hi
I have 3 rabbits, and they're constantly bored. Here are some toys I've tried in the past...
Willow sicks - All seperated in one night
Dumbell - Never touched
Treat Ball - Used a little
Rope Carrot Chew - All the rope undone in one night

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Empty toilet roll tubes filled with hay and treats.
Cardboard box filled with paper and hay.
Yellow pages.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the toilet roll tubes :) They love them
I've tried yellow pages before, they just tear them to sheds

Mine love anything cardboard or paper - boxes of all different sizes, to chew, throw, jump on, crawl under and paper bags or even just some newspaper - hours of fun :lol: , plus plastic plant pots, they make great toys to throw around.

Will try some of them

Are there any toys you can buy that rabbits like? I saw a post about an hour ago about a rabbit that loved a rattle/key type toy

Mine have loads of willow balls and rings, toilet rolls stuffed with hay, paper bags with hay in, yellow pages to rip up and cardboard boxes to destroy

there are the treat balls which you fill with their pellets and they have to work/roll it around to get the pellets.

I fill card board boxes with hay, treat hay, pellets, chopped fruit and veg, then let them have it, the then have to forage for their food. you could also scatter their pellets in the run, so they have to search for them. all of this takes time.

Go and pick some dandelions or other plants that they are allowed, give them something of a change. apple and pear leaves are a favourite in my house, as are nettles. they also like branches of apple trees

Move their run around the garden gives then a different view of life.

Anything that takes time or slows them down. Put their veggies in cardboard egg boxes. use small card boxes to put pellets in and pierce a few holes in.

Can you use Cat toys for buns? I saw some little rope mice in PAH the other day and they were nearly identical to the carrot rope toys but about £2 cheaper, just wondered if there was any difference?

Whilst Tink has been recovering from her spay she has discovered the wonders of ripping up newspaper :lol: think ill be putting a yellow pages in the shed for when she goes back out there!

Back