• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jess is going to be a house bun.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
We have decided that Jess is going to become a house bunny. She has been getting the run of the new room and slowly plucking up confidence to wander around, leaving little pellets everywhere:roll:, she seems to be going back to her cage to pee though. There seems to be a lot less pus coming out of her abscess, and we also seemed to have cracked things she can/ likes to eat.
It is a real shame she can't go back with Snowy and jessica, but she couldn't keep up with their eating. I'm also convinced this will be an ongoing problem, so it is better she is used to being indoors for nursing.
We have decided to try and bond Molly with Snowy and Jessica, she has been on her own since Smokey died, while we waited for a suitable male to come along, which never happened.
She will hopefully fit in because none of them are very aggressive, and she is a lovely wee soul.
As of tomorrow we will start our, slow bonding process and will hopefully end up with a happy trio.

Last edited:
Thanks, she'll be the first house rabbit we've ever had. I just need to sort out premanent housing for her, don't want any shelving, certainly to begin with as she is quite frail. The one thing I don't need to worry about is chewing as she has no front teeth.:(

here is Jess being a house bun, after a bath as she gets all sticky with the manuka honey.
DSC00498.jpg

Excuse the socks and Fliss's inhaler.:oops:

DSC00500.jpg

Back