• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thomas & Phoebe - our puddy tats

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
Thought I'd post some pics of our cats Thomas & Phoebe - can't believe we've gone from 4 to 2 cats in the space of a few months :( We've been so used to having 4 cats for so many years, it's really strange with just Thomas & Phoebe left :(

Thomas is William's brother who we lost just over a week ago - he's 15 1/2 years old

DSCF3922.jpg

And Phoebe is about 8 years old

DSCF3923.jpg

They both love each other to bits, Phoebe follows Thomas where ever he goes :love:

DSCF3921.jpg

You're so lucky that you have two adorable cats :love::love::love::love: that get on with each other.

I know, they could have been so different - at one point I really thought Thomas would never accept Phoebe & we even contemplated having to take her back to the rescue :( Then something clicked & they were best of friends :love:

I know, they could have been so different - at one point I really thought Thomas would never accept Phoebe & we even contemplated having to take her back to the rescue :( Then something clicked & they were best of friends :love:

How long did it take them to stop trying to kill each other? I'm asking because my two can't be left together unsupervised. :( (We have a baby gate, although we have no children.:shock:) Thankfully, things are peaceful most of the time - otherwise one of them would have to go back to the rescue.

How long did it take them to stop trying to kill each other? I'm asking because my two can't be left together unsupervised. :( (We have a baby gate, although we have no children.:shock:) Thankfully, things are peaceful most of the time - otherwise one of them would have to go back to the rescue.

It took a good 2 - 3 months to truly settle down. The first couple of weeks Phoebe hid upstairs in the spare room & would only venture downstairs if she could hide behind the settee :( I don't know if it helped because Phoebe was the more submissive of all 4 cats - we had three tom cats when we brought her home, so don't know if this helped as well :? It helped when Phoebe could out on her own rather than being stuck in the house.

Really sorry your cats don't get on well :(

2-3 months.:shock: You're so lucky.:) It's been a year since I got mine from two different rescues. I know they will never love each other:(. Thankfully, they tolerate each other most of the time.

2-3 months.:shock: You're so lucky.:) It's been a year since I got mine from two different rescues. I know they will never love each other:(. Thankfully, they tolerate each other most of the time.

:( Awww bless them - are they male / female? How old are they? I do wonder sometimes if they just mellow the older they get. I don't know if because our boys were about 7 / 8 years old when we got Phoebe, who was then 1 year old helped.

Pickles, the female, is 11 and Ted, the male, is 14. They're old enough to know better.:roll: I think that Pickles is mental: she's scared of going out.:roll: When she finally, plucks up the courage to go out - never for more than 5 minutes a day - she panics if she sees a bird.:roll: Thankfully, they have only come into blows a couple of times. Otherwise, they keep their distance from each other. There is alot of hissing and growling (from Pickles), when Ted gets too close. I never leave them together unsupervised.

Maybe it's their ages & the backgrounds they've come from? If Pickles has had some sort of trauma as a young cat, it might have left her very nervous & wary of other cats & experiences :( Hope that in time they might settle down more.

Back