• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

just found out my 2 female rabbits are Male

Gman-09

New Kit
i bought 2 female netherland dwarf rabbits 8 weeks ago i took them to the vets for thier jabs and it turns out they are male not female and the one rabbit has just had to have an emergency castration because it had been bitten on the testicle so it was lucky we took them to the vets for thier jabs. other than thet they are fine but we need to change thier names now. molly doesnt seem right for a male now. :wave:

ow that would have bin a shock then :shock: could you past some pics? would be great to see your 2 boys :oops:

will get photo's added soon

i dont know how to add pics yet only just joined this site im still learning. will get them added asap.:wave:

My "girl" turned out to be a boy too. They suggested changing the name from Lilly to something different when he went for his jabs!

Yep! Strawberry was meant to be a girl! He is still called Strawberry though as it had stuck by the time we had found out.

He gets called Andy B Bunnington by my OH and I think he prefers it! He answers to it more than Strawberry!

Been there,done that! :lol: My Boris used to be called Doris :lol: How I missed the plums I don't know,they'd grown massive by the time I found out.. :oops:
So when I got Bella almost a week ago I have to admit I was afraid the story would repeat itself but I have now examined her and found nipples! :lol: So she's definitely a girl!

Been there,done that! :lol: My Boris used to be called Doris :lol: How I missed the plums I don't know,they'd grown massive by the time I found out.. :oops:
So when I got Bella almost a week ago I have to admit I was afraid the story would repeat itself but I have now examined her and found nipples! :lol: So she's definitely a girl!

:lol: Charlie looked like a girl for ages, he was a late developer, poor boy :oops:

Back