• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

giants and cat flaps

touie

Wise Old Thumper
I am just wondering whether anyone with giant bunnies has cat flap access for them? I am wondering whether Bella will still fit through the large sized cat flap when fully grown or if I am going to need to replace it with a dog flap :? Sugarplum negotiated it no problem but she was only 5.5kg at her heaviest! It is 18cm width x 20cm height

Last edited:
I was thinking this as I am hoping to get a Conti.
I am thinking that I will have to get a dog one :wave:

I am guessing I'll just have to watch and see and add a dog one if necessary. as the catflap is screwed and glued I think I would have to have the dog flap as an extra one rather than a replacement!

Oh if you have a cat one already I'd just wait until she gets too big :lol: What breed is she?

Oh my :love: :D
I would deffinitely think that she will need a dog one in the future. However, I don't know how big large cat flaps are... our cat flap I imagine is normal.

Mine too have a dog flap.... and even with that, Ronnie still gets his ears 'pushed back' when he goes through the flap! :lol: I would definately get a dog flap rather than a cat flap :) Think we bought a medium dog one... i shall measure it later when i sweep the shed and let you know how big it is :) xXx

Back