• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How are your buns with the vacuuming?

LloydFerris

Warren Scout
Lloyd runs and hides when he hears the noise from the vacuum, but I actually have to move Saffy to vacuum around her! She is so interested in everything...such a sweet, nosey little lady!
Just curious, but should I assume she is deaf? The vacuum is terribly loud and I have to be careful vacuuming as Saffy will run right into the vacuum's path as I am cleaning! She has no fear of anything, which is really interesting to see on any bunny! I just wonder if she is deaf...what do you think?

totally useless. i've asked them to do it again and again...and they don't wash up either! i've told them they won't get any supper if they won't do chores but it makes no difference and they know i'm too soft to keep to my word. they are willing to empty the hay basket and move the litter tray, though....:lol:

totally useless. i've asked them to do it again and again...and they don't wash up either! i've told them they won't get any supper if they won't do chores but it makes no difference and they know i'm too soft to keep to my word. they are willing to empty the hay basket and move the litter tray, though....:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

LloydFerris my two are the same as yours. We thought Chocolate bun may have hearing problems as he's so bomb proof.
However he hears me walking up to the cat litter while he's in it helping himself to some maize ( World's Best Cat Litter ) and runs away guiltily :lol:.

vacuuming with buns

Lloyd runs and hides when he hears the noise from the vacuum, but I actually have to move Saffy to vacuum around her! She is so interested in everything...such a sweet, nosey little lady!
Just curious, but should I assume she is deaf? The vacuum is terribly loud and I have to be careful vacuuming as Saffy will run right into the vacuum's path as I am cleaning! She has no fear of anything, which is really interesting to see on any bunny! I just wonder if she is deaf...what do you think?
one day i wanted to vacuum up fur/molting and tiddy up,,they went bezerk,,so i thought place the noisy vacuum outside / run a long hose in side/the sound of the suction freaked them out still,,i was down to a broom,dust pan,rags- for cleanup,./.but the job got done without a confrontation,..sincerely james waller

As fidge used to live in my room she is used to the hairdryer/vacuum/loud music etc and nothing phases her... Frankie however goes into complete mental breakdown if he hears anything like that - mainly the lawn mower as he is outside now.

(slight hijack - LOVE your new buns HurricanHoney!!! - same names as one of my buns and one of my dogs :love:)

Thumps doesn't mind the noise & has very acute hearing. Has the sense to stay away from the "vacuum end". Unfortunately is obsessively tidy about the floor, so I have to watch he doesn't try to "move" the flex.

Hearing? can hear a cat dig a hole 100' away through good double glazed patio doors. How on earth do bunnies cope with such a decibel range?

Fudge runs behind the sofa, he hates it! Sometimes he will freeze until the hoover gets close to him, and then he bolts. Bless.

The foster bunnies (when they were in my room) at first were petrified but they soon got used to it!

Daisy doesn't mind very much but Jester is terrified, bless him. So their room is swept up every day and the hoover rarely gets used in there.

My lot are not bothered by the hoover if they are in the house. They don't get worried by the lawn mower either.

I read somehwere that if you make out that something is not scary by just acting normally, your pets are meant to see it as less of a threat.

Back