• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Aaargh Wasps!

lilbun

Warren Veteran
Poor Tippex Porkychicken.
She was stung on her front paw by a wasp. At least I think thats what happened. We have a couple of plum trees. The rabbits love the odd windfall but the rotting ones attract wasps and I have to keep sweeping them up several times a day.
The vet said I could give metacam and I bathed her foot in cold water with a splash of vinegar (bicarb for bees, vinegar for vasps!). She wasn't impressed.
She took herself off to bed and licked her poorly foot but seemed fine after 30 minutes. It must have been sore though :(

IMG_1076.jpg
[/IMG]

Ouch!! Glad her paw feels better now :D Wasp stings are very painful. We used to have plum trees when I was growing up and yes you're right - there used to be hundreds of wasps in the windfalls!

She's fine now anyway thanks. She hasn't learnt her lesson though and is still scoffing on the windfalls. I was out first thing sweeping them up but it's tricky when they're covered in wasps xx

She's fine now anyway thanks. She hasn't learnt her lesson though and is still scoffing on the windfalls. I was out first thing sweeping them up but it's tricky when they're covered in wasps xx

Tell me about it! Poppy did 3 laps of the garden yesterday with a manky fungus windfall apple in her mouth with me trying to get it off her! :lol:
Glad she's better now :D

Sorry to invade your post...but can rabbits eat plums then?

We have a plum tree, but dont get many wasps, just dam flies!

Sorry to invade your post...but can rabbits eat plums then?

We have a plum tree, but dont get many wasps, just dam flies!

They can eat them but only in strict moderation as they are high in natural sugars (hence the wasps and flies).
Don't let them eat the stones though as they are toxic, and could also cause choking or fatal blockages

:shock::shock: Poor lad. How did he manage that?

Friend and him were in the country park his friend was stuck in a tree and kept wiping his hand at the wasps, my brother went to rescue him :lol: but by the time he got him down the wasps were really p!ssed, his friend just managed to out-run him :lol::lol::lol:

I've gotta ask - where did the name come from ? I can guess the tippex bit..:D

It's a bit sick really- I heard somebody describe rabbit meat that way, and because she's a norty bunny it's her norty name...:oops:
I should probably add I am a vegetarian.
I started off calling her porky because she put on lots of weight shortly after she came to live with me......:oops:
Porky-chicken is also what human flesh is rumoured to taste like...

Last edited:
It's a bit sick really- I heard somebody describe rabbit meat that way, and because she's a norty bunny it's her norty name...:oops:
I should probably add I am a vegetarian.
Porky-chicken is also what human flesh is rumoured to taste like...

Ewwww...you should read Flesh House by Stuart Macbride...excellent book!!!

Back