• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bun not growing

Lu_x

Mama Doe
I am not really sure if I am worrying over nothing but I got my rex buck aged 8 weeks and he's now just over 12 weeks and doesn't seem to have grown :?

He's got more muscle tone as he has had lots of space to run around in with me but I really don't think he's grown at all. I admit he's not been weighed at any point since I have had him so it's not like I can be certain that he's not grown at all but I know that when Josie was a young bun I noticed a huge difference in her every week.

He eats LOADS of hay of various kinds, he gets dried grass and herbs as a treats and the rest of his diet is made up of Excel pellets and mixed veggies. He's fine in himself and is a very active bun but should I be concerned about the lack of obvious growth in such a young bun?

He's off to the vets on Monday for his first vac and obviously I will have him weighed then but until then can anyone reduce my worry about his growth rate?

Thank you for reading!

Just going to bump this. I have seen his litter brother who is huge now, he's grown so much and Velcro is still tiny. Am I worrying over nothing or is there something I should be concerned over?

are you weighing him?

I'm weighin Bobbi and Alfie every week, Alfie is growing at a rate of 13%, Bobbi only 5%

No advice for you I'm afraid, but I would say don't worry as he is active and putting on tone...maybe he will tone first, then grow?

I have noticed a difference in my 2 boys...one if very skinny, they other what i would call a nice weight. I too haven't weighed them, but seems there can be quite a difference between buns without it being a problem

My baby Minnie was the runt and died just before she turned 6 months. We still have her brother, Dylan. We got them at 7 weeks old. Dylan's weight was something like 1.3kg and Minnie was on 0.9kg. I weighed them the day before she died :(

My baby Minnie was the runt and died just before she turned 6 months. We still have her brother, Dylan. We got them at 7 weeks old. Dylan's weight was something like 1.3kg and Minnie was on 0.9kg. I weighed them the day before she died :(

I think Mable was the runt too and died at 6 months

Back