PDA

View Full Version : Bun not growing

Lu_x
15-08-2009, 09:41 PM
I am not really sure if I am worrying over nothing but I got my rex buck aged 8 weeks and he's now just over 12 weeks and doesn't seem to have grown :?

He's got more muscle tone as he has had lots of space to run around in with me but I really don't think he's grown at all. I admit he's not been weighed at any point since I have had him so it's not like I can be certain that he's not grown at all but I know that when Josie was a young bun I noticed a huge difference in her every week.

He eats LOADS of hay of various kinds, he gets dried grass and herbs as a treats and the rest of his diet is made up of Excel pellets and mixed veggies. He's fine in himself and is a very active bun but should I be concerned about the lack of obvious growth in such a young bun?

He's off to the vets on Monday for his first vac and obviously I will have him weighed then but until then can anyone reduce my worry about his growth rate?

Thank you for reading!

Lu_x
16-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Just going to bump this. I have seen his litter brother who is huge now, he's grown so much and Velcro is still tiny. Am I worrying over nothing or is there something I should be concerned over?

vicki267
16-08-2009, 05:09 PM
are you weighing him?

I'm weighin Bobbi and Alfie every week, Alfie is growing at a rate of 13%, Bobbi only 5%

Doddy
16-08-2009, 05:23 PM
No advice for you I'm afraid, but I would say don't worry as he is active and putting on tone...maybe he will tone first, then grow?

I have noticed a difference in my 2 boys...one if very skinny, they other what i would call a nice weight. I too haven't weighed them, but seems there can be quite a difference between buns without it being a problem

steph182
16-08-2009, 05:26 PM
If he was a runt he might grow slower?

BunnyBekkie
16-08-2009, 05:48 PM
My baby Minnie was the runt and died just before she turned 6 months. We still have her brother, Dylan. We got them at 7 weeks old. Dylan's weight was something like 1.3kg and Minnie was on 0.9kg. I weighed them the day before she died :(

steph182
16-08-2009, 05:59 PM
My baby Minnie was the runt and died just before she turned 6 months. We still have her brother, Dylan. We got them at 7 weeks old. Dylan's weight was something like 1.3kg and Minnie was on 0.9kg. I weighed them the day before she died :(

I think Mable was the runt too and died at 6 months