• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits Spraying

dayle_x

Mama Doe
My males are neutered, however i still have spray marks up the side of my shed. My shed has only been up a few weeks and already looks a mess.
Is the only way to get rid of it is to paint it?
And is there any way to kind of stop them doing it?

Strawberry still does this sometimes, especially when in the dog crate. Im not sure why as he doesnt do it in his NIC set up. I guess maybe its because he feels more like the NIC is his territory as he spends more time there so has no need to mark.

If they havent been in the shed long it might be that it doesnt smell enough like them yet so they are marking it. If you could leave their litter tray for a little longer than you usually would it might help. (Obviously not too long that it will attract flies)

Suppose it is new territory for them.
Bunnies are mucky little so and so's!
Was thinking of painting it white anyway so i guesss they are doing a little bit for me :lol:

They are just "saying" "This is our pad" by spraying. There may even be a nocturnal visitor - cat that's spraying on the outside.
I'd suggest that if you're going to paint it white you do it very soon cos the chances are that they'll spray again to get rid of the paint smell.

Back