• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter training in a neutered bunny

martlou

Warren Veteran
Hi all

We have had Rosie for 3 months, she's around 2.5 years old, spayed and perfect with the litter tray. She's bonded with Little Ted (they really :love: each other) he is 1 year old, neutered approx 2 months ago, we've had him for about 10 days. He likes weeing all over :( (and pooing but I'm less bothered about that). Although he will wee in the litter tray, he's also weeing on the floor in various places. This is a wood floor so easy to wipe up, but it could warp it!). He's also wee'd in the living room on the carpet a couple of times (in the same place). We've not got much idea how to tackle this because we've not had the problem before. Our bridge bunny was brilliant with the tray, and even our piggy did his wees in it (but not poos, they just fell out of him as he trundled along :lol:)

Can anyone offer any help please? He was pretty good at the rescue apparently.

I can only suggest that you take a litter tray and place it in the spot your bun wees on the carpet. After a while you should be able to move it to a more discreet location. Of course, even I wonder about how to get the scent completely out of that spot on the carpet so as not to encourage repeated behaviour once the tray is moved away.
Also, if you have a free running house bun, you will neeed more than one tray. This will depend on the size of space your bun has, but you may need up to three and definitely two.
I'm sorry I have no suggestions about the hardwood weeing, but maybe increasing the litter trays will solve that problem.

poop box

Hi all

We have had Rosie for 3 months, she's around 2.5 years old, spayed and perfect with the litter tray. She's bonded with Little Ted (they really :love: each other) he is 1 year old, neutered approx 2 months ago, we've had him for about 10 days. He likes weeing all over :( (and pooing but I'm less bothered about that). Although he will wee in the litter tray, he's also weeing on the floor in various places. This is a wood floor so easy to wipe up, but it could warp it!). He's also wee'd in the living room on the carpet a couple of times (in the same place). We've not got much idea how to tackle this because we've not had the problem before. Our bridge bunny was brilliant with the tray, and even our piggy did his wees in it (but not poos, they just fell out of him as he trundled along :lol:)

Can anyone offer any help please? He was pretty good at the rescue apparently.
i have had great success using timothy/ochard grass in the hay bin and poop boxes/and sometimes they tend to tellyou where they want another poopbox,,sincerely james waller

I agree about putting the litter tray in a place where he wees I had the same problem with my two in the hutch and I now have two litter trays and they didn't wee on the hutch floor last night :D

Back