• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutering a trio?

Mad Bunster

Mama Doe
If you had a trio of girls that needed spaying, would you say to do it all at the same time? Obviously we don't want to break their bond but am wondering about the aftercare etc, checking they're eating pooing etc, if theres 3 of them?

What have other people done for their trios??

I haven't had a trio spayed, but have a pair. I kept them together, they recovered together etc. One of them wasn't eating, and it was a bit hard checking on poos etc, but I was guided more by what was going in. It would have been easier if they'd been separate as I was never sure if she ate in the night, and ended up pooing, but I found it easier to do that than separate.

I also had another female pair spayed and kept their bond with their new fella - again it was really hard monitoring poos, but they were all eating healthily so it didn't turn out to be an issue.

Definitely keep them together :)

Back