• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've been busy

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Been transforming the hutch I was given that is too small into a super run for the guys to be able to use the grass on the garden. It is not for them to live in as our garden is not in sight of the house so wouldnt want them living up there but they will be able to use it as a run.

It needs painting and the mesh adding but here is the frame for it.

IMG00072-20090815-1512.jpg

IMG00073-20090815-1512.jpg

You can see here how small the hutch and run were before.
IMG00075-20090815-1513.jpg

Thats amazing! Did you do that by yourself? :shock:

I had a little bit of help from my daddy! lol He sawed the wood for me as I can't saw straight and he had to hold it for me while I did the drilling and screwing as I was building it straight on the grass which isnt level! But I am still pretty proud of myself! lol I am going to make a hinge lid for the middle section tomorrow which will be the fiddlest bit but I have done my drawings so hopefully it won't be too bad!

Wow! I'm looking to build my avairy runs but i bet they will be ****. Well done you :)

Its suprising how easy it is once you get into it. The frame took us about 2 hours altogether and then it took an hour to paint and treat it. Not sure how long tomorrows bit will be but its definately worked out cheaper than buying one of that size!

yeah for the wood, mesh and paint we've already got its costing £40 to build a 9ft x 6ft x 6ft run :)

I had a little bit of help from my daddy! lol He sawed the wood for me as I can't saw straight and he had to hold it for me while I did the drilling and screwing as I was building it straight on the grass which isnt level! But I am still pretty proud of myself! lol I am going to make a hinge lid for the middle section tomorrow which will be the fiddlest bit but I have done my drawings so hopefully it won't be too bad!

How is the run looking? Any more pics?

Back