• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Think I am Going to Have to Seperate Chloe and Rodney :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Chloe (9) is a blind Nethie-X. She has always been a mardy girl with other Rabbits but 2 years ago she and Rodney (3ish) bonded themselves. As Chloe's sight has deteriorated it has become impossible to remove Rodney from their enclosure for even a few minutes without Chloe then attacking him on his return. Thus far things have settled down again after a few hours and maybe some 'time-out' putting both of them into a Pet Carrier.

Yesterday Rodney had an acute bloat and consequently I had to keep removing him to administer meds/fluids etc. He was too poorly to fight back against Chloe so after one lunge she'd leave him alone. But as he began to recover he started to stand his ground and all day today things keep kicking off :cry:

Chloe is ALWAYS the aggressor. Rodney has even tried to groom her head but she just flies at him and so now he is feeling better he retaliates. At the moment they are sitting as far apart from each other as possible and they both look miserable :cry: I really dont want to seperate them, but if all this aggro' keeps on I dont think I'll have any other choice...:?

:cry:

So sad when a bond breaks down :(

Unfortunately we have had to do that a couple of times as the buns have got older, it is always the female that is the problem :? Each time we have rebonded the male to another girly successfully and left the female on her own. The lone bunny has always seemed OK on her own, in fact they have seemed much more settled and relaxed :)

So sad when a bond breaks down :(

Unfortunately we have had to do that a couple of times as the buns have got older, it is always the female that is the problem :? Each time we have rebonded the male to another girly successfully and left the female on her own. The lone bunny has always seemed OK on her own, in fact they have seemed much more settled and relaxed :)

Thanks Liz. I will maybe give it another 24 hours but if things remain so hostile I see no point in trying to keep them together :cry:
Thing is I have no single females and I cannot take on any more Rabbits :cry:

I know Fred and Nomad (Bucks) bonded really well but Harry is my only single Bun now and there is absolutely no way I'd try to bond Harry with another Buck :cry:

Flippin' Wabbits.................

If Rodney has been attacked a few times he will probably be Ok on his own for a little while, he will probably appreciate the chance to relax a bit more, and maybe an opportunity will come along in the future for him to be bonded again. Its not like he doesn't have plenty of other rabbits around him :)

Thanks Liz. I will maybe give it another 24 hours but if things remain so hostile I see no point in trying to keep them together :cry:
Thing is I have no single females and I cannot take on any more Rabbits :cry:

I know Fred and Nomad (Bucks) bonded really well but Harry is my only single Bun now and there is absolutely no way I'd try to bond Harry with another Buck :cry:

Flippin' Wabbits.................

Do you not have any laid pack pairs who might accept Rodney?
Also, if Harry is quite a fiesty chap, could you not try him with Chloe, so that nobody is on their own?

Do you not have any laid pack pairs who might accept Rodney?
Also, if Harry is quite a fiesty chap, could you not try him with Chloe, so that nobody is on their own?

I would not attempt to bond Chloe with Harry. I am 100% certain it would end in a blood bath :cry:

I cant risk disrupting the relationship between an established bond by trying to make a threesome by adding Rodney. If doing that led to the breakdown of an established bond I'd have even more single Rabbits :cry:

Well this morning they are snuggled up together and Chloe is grooming Rodney........................:?

If only they could talk ................................

Aww, maybe he likes a bit of rough love.
I've just aquired a fiesty, almost blind rew nethie :oops:. so I have every sympathy. They're like snappy little terriers sometimes xx

Back