• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finally have a bunny! U/D: Picture!!

UsagiYojimbo

Alpha Buck
:wave:

You may have read some of my other posts where I have been asking advice.

Well I finally have her and her name is Jemima! She is just over 7 weeks old French Lop.

Unfortunatly there was some bad news about her brother, who I had named Jimbo. He was rejected by mum and she broke his spinal cord so he had to be pts :cry:

Jemima is settling in well, we went and got her yesterday and she has already done binkies, flopped and purred (chewing teeth contentedly) :love:

She is constantly eating hay!!

I am a little worried as she has not eaten quite a few catastrophic (sp?? sounds like this but cant spell it!) poos

Shes the most adorable bunny ever!AWWWWWWWWWW shes just jumped up on the bed!!!! :love:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Thanks for all the advice, she is now fine and not producing excess catastrohpic poos :lol: I really need to learn how to spell the word, it would help if I knew how to pronounce it!!

Anyway back to Jemima, she is suprisingly well litter trained, at almost 8 weeks and we have only had him since Friday (3 days)

We have allowed her supervised time of the entire upstairs and have a pen in the living room for when we are watching tv.

Here is a photo of her when she got onto the bed and did some loud tooth purring

IMG_0131.jpg

:love:

Last edited:
:wave:

You may have read some of my other posts where I have been asking advice.

Well I finally have her and her name is Jemima! She is just over 7 weeks old French Lop.

Unfortunatly there was some bad news about her brother, who I had named Jimbo. He was rejected by mum and she broke his spinal cord so he had to be pts :cry:

Jemima is settling in well, we went and got her yesterday and she has already done binkies, flopped and purred (chewing teeth contentedly) :love:

She is constantly eating hay!!

I am a little worried as she has not eaten quite a few catastrophic (sp?? sounds like this but cant spell it!) poos

Shes the most adorable bunny ever!AWWWWWWWWWW shes just jumped up on the bed!!!! :love:

if she is leaving caeceotrophs it may be that you have changed her food suddenly-

feed lots of hay- less food/pellets and less veg and it should sort it out

where in birmingham are u from

if she is leaving caeceotrophs it may be that you have changed her food suddenly-

feed lots of hay- less food/pellets and less veg and it should sort it out

where in birmingham are u from

Hiya I am giving her exactly the same food, bought it same time, she is a Ross Rabbits bunny. She has plenty of hay too.
Could it be because I have given her about 3 different TYPES of hay? (one came free with a hay rack from hayexperts, one bought same time as picking her up- the one shes used to - and one that we had bought from the hungry horse, normal hay bale hay)

She has also had the carrot patch toy which instead of just chewing she has actually eaten the strawy part :roll:

I live in Water Orton, near castle bromwich?

Thanks for advice, shall I stick to just the one type of hay (the one she is used to?)

i didnt realise hay would affect her like this!!!

xxx

hello felllow midlander:wave:

sounds like she may be eating too many pellets = maybe reduce how many she has to see if she stops producing excess caecotrophs? more and more hay:D

Hi there, Welcome. Congratulations on your new little furry friend.
I agree with the above advice - increase hay & reduce pellets & veg. I would be surprised if hay type was a problem.
Please let us know how she gets on.

catastrophic poos? :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: wonder what they lok like? :lol::lol:

i agree with the advice above btw, give her time to settle in, and make small gradual changes to her diet (and post some pics!)

catastrophic poos? :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: wonder what they lok like? :lol::lol:

i agree with the advice above btw, give her time to settle in, and make small gradual changes to her diet (and post some pics!)

hehehehe I meant
caecotrophs

Everytime I read it in my head its pronounced catastroph (ic!)

Picture added, got loads more will have to put them on too!!! :love:

Teddy says hello to his little baby sister! I had no idea about her brother! I'm sorry! Was he blue or black?! I have to say I had my heart set on Jemima, and was offered her but my fiance said no...*grumble*. At least I get to see how she's getting on! I've friended her journal...she better get showing us pictures! I'm hopefully getting him a niece from Blod's and Carlos' next litter, will you be getting a little boy?

Look forward to hearing from you! She's a very pretty girl! Just like her mummy Tylda.

Back