• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smokey & WaterBottles

hey guys,
just letting you know smokeys totaly settled in ! !
hes binkeying liking my hand and jumping on everyone,
at xmas we are planning on bonding smokey or giving the 2 to a rescue to bond for us? somthing like that,

i dident want to waste a thred so i made 2 subjects

waterbottles

smokeys waterbottle is at times not working and i keep on haveing to put my finger on the ball in the bottle (washing my hands though) any idias? x

Give him a bowl :) Most buns seem to prefer drinking from a bowl. Best to have a bottle as well in case he tips it up when you are out.

I think he'd be better off with a dish.
What brand is the waterbottle?? we've had a few Rotastak ones that keep sticking. They're rubbish :( The really common "Bunny" ones go green really quickly in the sun, and are a nightmare to get all the green out. We've got some posh glass ones now with a little rubber duckie inside as a water level :)

I think he'd be better off with a dish.
What brand is the waterbottle?? we've had a few Rotastak ones that keep sticking. They're rubbish :( The really common "Bunny" ones go green really quickly in the sun, and are a nightmare to get all the green out. We've got some posh glass ones now with a little rubber duckie inside as a water level :)

hehe my friend had one with the duck in, until one day the duck decided he would rather sink and swim around inside the bottle :lol::lol:

Our buns have a bottle as they tend to throw their bowl around/get stuff in it too much, but when their in the garden/house they have a bowl :D

I just use those clear/red/blue/yellow bunny bottles you find almost everywhere :lol:
I have them outside, and they don't get green that easily. I use a bottle brush (Designed for bunny water bottles) from P@H and it works very well! You can also just stick your finger in and twist it round to get rid of the green bit near the top (Where it tends to go green first).

And although they leak a tiny bit when you first put them on, I've never had one sticking

I just use those clear/red/blue/yellow bunny bottles you find almost everywhere :lol:
I have them outside, and they don't get green that easily. I use a bottle brush (Designed for bunny water bottles) from P@H and it works very well! You can also just stick your finger in and twist it round to get rid of the green bit near the top (Where it tends to go green first).

And although they leak a tiny bit when you first put them on, I've never had one sticking

I've found they go green really quickly :?
Perhaps it depends on the water and where they're placed on the hutch/run. I try to keep mine out the sun, but my garden is south facing with NOTHING behind us apart from farmers fields :love: s it's pretty much sun everwhere

i have red topped clear bottles, blue topped clear bottles and glass bottles with a duck in. the buns definitely prefer the glass bottles.

i don't use bowls because tabitha is such a hopeful little girl - she thinks bowls are potties and likes to focus her attentions there... she's very skilful, actually. perhaps i should put a bowl in each litter tray!

i have red topped clear bottles, blue topped clear bottles and glass bottles with a duck in. the buns definitely prefer the glass bottles.

i don't use bowls because tabitha is such a hopeful little girl - she thinks bowls are potties and likes to focus her attentions there... she's very skilful, actually. perhaps i should put a bowl in each litter tray!

Do you find the glass ones keep the water nice and cool too?

Back