• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looks like Jingo has to be neutered :( - UD - neuter booked

Jaypot

Mama Doe
We were so hoping that we could get away with Jingo being neutered as we know he has some kind of neurological problem :(

Over the past few weeks his hormones have really been playing up and he is getting worse :( all he can think about is humping :oops: Poor boy :(

It really is no fun to see him like this as he has now started to go off his food and just eats enough to keep him going :( We have had a bun like this before and if he hadn't been neutered he would have died of starvation and exhuastion in the end :(

It really does happen, in the wild they are bred to mate and sometimes it also happens with our beloved domesticated buns :( Jingo is hardly sleeping or resting as he needs to mate. He has teddys and things to - ahem, help him, but nothing is working now :(

I have been with him for the last hour and a half whilst nursing Oxo, and have observed him closely, he can't go on like this :(

Our vet was looking into chemical castration but I really don't want him pumped full of stuff - it could make his neurological problems worse :(

Jingo is not spraying but he is now doing runny poops due to him squeezing to get his scent out :( If something isn't done it's going to affect his tummy in a bad way.

I am going to phone the vets on Monday to see when Jingo can be booked in:( It's something I really don't want to do, but we have no choice, he's going to get very ill otherwise and I would never forgive myself for that :(

I will pop a video of him having his tremors later on - these tremors are getting worse due to his hormones :(

Last edited:
Jet had a history of fits and I was worried sick sending her in for her spay.

She recovered really well and it made such a huge difference to the quality of her life.

Good luck with it :)

Oh no :( I completely understand what a terribly difficult decision this is for you both, as you know the problems we have had in the same situation. Whatever you decide I know it will be in the very best interests of Mr Jingo.

Is it possible to wait until the professor has seen his video?

Well after a really stressful weekend for Jingo we have booked him in for Thursday :( He can't carry on like this, it's not fair :(

Chris the vet couldn't get him in any earlier as he is fully booked and run off his feet - he needs to have time to monitor Jingo before/during and after the neuter - so Thursday it is :(

Is it possible to wait until the professor has seen his video?[/QUOTE]

Hi Liz, have sent the videos to Chris and James and they are forwarding them on to the Professor :D Just hope everyone can see them all and maybe make some comments on them before the neuter on Thursday :?

I still do think that a lot of the problems with his recent bouts of tremors are hormonal :( It's so sad watching him like this - our poor boy :(

Poor wee man :cry:
He will be so much happier after his op' though and the op' WILL go well for him

Lots of vibes heading North :love:

Back