• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just thinking....

You could extend the other way and get a 10ft x6ft run which would equal 60 square feet instead of 40 :wave:

I am sure it would be big enough. I have a trio in a hutch and run combo like that, and they hardly ever use the hutch, only for eating and they have one of their litter boxes in the bedroom part. You just need to have a big enough paved area for the extension. You could also get a 3 ft hutch and put it in the other end of the run, as an additional shelter.

Are you thinking about a family reunion? :)

I am sure it would be big enough. I have a trio in a hutch and run combo like that, and they hardly ever use the hutch, only for eating and they have one of their litter boxes in the bedroom part. You just need to have a big enough paved area for the extension. You could also get a 3 ft hutch and put it in the other end of the run, as an additional shelter.

Are you thinking about a family reunion? :)

Perhaps! Need to give it a bit more thought and discuss it with o/h some more first.
I have the additional paved area already and a spare 3 ft hutch that I use as a run shelter. I would just need to extend the run which shouldnt be too tricky.

Awh, I think that would be fantastic Becky...... I think that a set up like that would work in your situation. Happy hutch would surely be able to make you another run so that it would fit perfectly.

We could do the bonding while you are on holiday! ;)

Awh, I think that would be fantastic Becky...... I think that a set up like that would work in your situation. Happy hutch would surely be able to make you another run so that it would fit perfectly.

We could do the bonding while you are on holiday! ;)

That would be great but I'm not sure I have time to persuade o/h and get the run extended in the next week!

IF IF IF! I did go for it I would like you to do the bonding though. I dont think I could handle bonding a 4!

I will ask o/h tonight and let you know what he thinks. I am always talking about A and A and he does feel sad for them so its more likely that he will say yes to them than 2 other buns.

I'm not sure. I put 4 of mine in a hutch and run exactly the same size last week and they looked very cramped. I think the run might be big enough but you might have problems with the size of the hutch. I think if you added another 6x4 run, convert the top hutch into a big sleep box and made a ground floor sheltered dining area under the hutch that it might work better.

Simon speaks a lot of sense so we can make some alterations to the hutch when we do the other one Becky. Bit more plywood required then!

Nope, as always you are beingvvery sensible Becky.

BUT, we all have everything crossed for the OH being a big softee....:D

Oh how exciting!! I hope you do.... should have sent mine away to be bonded... would have been alot less stressful for me and maybe they would have bonded quicker without me and my silly mistakes!!! :roll::lol:

Back