• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help for rescues.

Simon

Warren Scout
Over the last month or so since I've been using this forum I've noticed how hard pushed the rescues are. I have 6 rabbits myself and they can take up a lot of time and energy to look after so I haven't a clue how they/you manage it. I can't foster or give money but this is what I can do. I can help you organise the space you have and build new accommodation if I'm supllied with materials. I can also give a discount on any hutches I make to sell for myself. I'm not only handy with wood I'm a very good paver. I will not charge a penny for anything that you are not selling. I'll also advise you not to buy anything you don't have to. The amount of surplus building materials that go into landfill sites is ridiculous. Go to building sites explain who you are and what your looking for and the chances are you'll come away from them smiling. it doesn't matter if it's old or new wood old wood can be re-conditiond and you might even find some old security fencing that is made from 16g meshing. Over the next few weeks my spare time will be taken up doing a rabbit bond that is overdue. After that I'm going to make a hutch but from the beggining of september I'll have more time.

OMG if you were closer I would bag you, we are soo desperate for new hutches here and every time we save the money some rabbit needs loads of vet treatment and *poof* the money is gone. That is a wonderful offer!

Ps: :oops:We also need a treasurer

OMG if you were closer I would bag you, we are soo desperate for new hutches here and every time we save the money some rabbit needs loads of vet treatment and *poof* the money is gone. That is a wonderful offer!

Steal him for a weekend, feed him on tea, ginsters pasties and beer, dont let him out til its done - jobs a good'un! :lol::lol:

Seriously though, thats an amazing offer!

Do you use normal hutches? I'd have thought that recues use block hutches. When i say that I don't mean small compartments but anything built in a block is more economical when it comes to space. If you look around on freecycle, landfill sites and building sites you WILL get everything you need to redo your whole setup in no time. I might be too far away to help out physically but I can help with drawing's, advice on how to put things together what you need to do certain things or just to make the most out of the materials you've got. I've been hording wood for year's. I haven't brought anything made of wood for as long as I can remember (including my bed) you could make a good hutch out of 2 pallets and make it strong and nice. look around and you'll be suprised at what you can find.

We have mainly individuals at the moment and am looking to change to all 6x2x2.5 blocks of 3. I am working for the local authority at the moment and so have access to materials just no time to do anything with them (also no skill or experience :lol: )

Simon that is an amazing generous offer. Is it worth approaching the rescues in your area direct? Not all of them will come on the forum, and what you say is true, we are all desperate for help and I am sure they would appreciate it.

Alice

Wow, how kind are you!

you'll make me blush:oops: Me taking a little of my time to help people who spend most of there time helping animals isn't that big a deal to me. Some of the posts I've read recently have opened my eyes a bit. I read one earlier tonight about a rescue trying to save 50 guinea pigs. they were asking for spare hutches and fosterers. It was that and other posts like it that lead me to write this thread.

We have mainly individuals at the moment and am looking to change to all 6x2x2.5 blocks of 3. I am working for the local authority at the moment and so have access to materials just no time to do anything with them (also no skill or experience :lol: )

If you can give me an idea of how much space you have, what materials you have access to, how many hutches you want/need and how big you need them to be then I should be able to help out with a drawing, a list of materials needed and a plan on how to the hutches up.

You are so kind! Someone will snap you up.

It is fantastic when people like you offer help and support.

Amy xx

Shame you don't live nearer, I have the materials but my husband just hasn't had the time to build my new pens in my garage.
Your offer is a very kind thing to do for rescues as we all do need help of some sort

My goodness, I wish you lived in Warwickshire, I would have you round in no time to sort out my lot!

Hi all:wave:

Can I join in on offering our services in the hutch building department?

We've built our own hutches and runs and last year O/h and I went over to help out Tracey & Shaun at RNGPWelfare in Rugby. We're about to move house so a little busy at the minute, but after that we hope to be able to help more with DIY type work as required.

Although we're based in Leicester, and obviously travelling long distances to help is restricted by our buns, we can probably help out in the Sheffield area occasionally (the in-laws are very tolerant to bunnies holidaying in their garden whilst we stay in their house!:D)

Erm, we do come with a slightly large collection of power tools these days:oops:

Kate

Kate and Simon
I may well be taking you both up on your kind offers very shortly!
(Kate I'll let you unpack first!:lol:)

Hi all:wave:

Can I join in on offering our services in the hutch building department?

We've built our own hutches and runs and last year O/h and I went over to help out Tracey & Shaun at RNGPWelfare in Rugby. We're about to move house so a little busy at the minute, but after that we hope to be able to help more with DIY type work as required.

Although we're based in Leicester, and obviously travelling long distances to help is restricted by our buns, we can probably help out in the Sheffield area occasionally (the in-laws are very tolerant to bunnies holidaying in their garden whilst we stay in their house!:D)

Erm, we do come with a slightly large collection of power tools these days:oops:

Kate

That would be fantastic. I have been asked to help a lady that runs a rescue near leicester. I won't mention who it is yet because I don't think she knows I've been asked to help yet herself. At the minute I have a bond to do and for me they can be quite time consuming as I've got to bond a pair into my bonded 4. After that I'll have alot more time. I'm also struggling for transport but that should be sorted soon. What would you rather do, team up or work on different projects? I'll leave it up to you and Jill I'm always happy to help. Just let me know If you need anything.

Back