• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help!

bolton babe

Warren Scout
Post Spey advice.

Tink is back from the vets, she's moving around, just looks a bit groggy. The vets said se had been eating well whilst she was there adn since she's been home she has had loads of poo's and a little wee!

They said if i hadn't seen her eat tonight I should syringe feed her, they gave me some special food to give her. Ive tried to give it to er but she is adamant she's not having it and just moves her head all the time, she's has a few licks but no massive amounts.

Should I keep trying or leave her till the morning and try again if she still hasn't eaten?

I would leave her till morning.You can always leave her food and favourite veggies if she wants them.
Angel didn,t eat till the next morning,then i had to force her.

I would leave her till morning.You can always leave her food and favourite veggies if she wants them.
Angel didn,t eat till the next morning,then i had to force her.

Thanks Becca, she has had some hay and some herbs this morning :D

She seems back to her usual stroppy self :lol:
she will only eat out of my hand and is refusing to have the collar on!

Typical Tinkerbell!! :love:

Glad she is eating, mine didn't eat til the next day either.

Dandelion leaves always go down well when tempting bunnies to eat :D

Back