• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stroking a rabbit whilst they are eating

lunar6769

Alpha Buck
Is this okay? I worry that it will harass them to be stroked whilst they are eating or is it not bad for them?
They have let me do this - it is not that they won't sit still but I just don't want to upset them.

They'd let you know if they didn't like it, in my experience. Beau goes MENTAL if you even put your hand near him when he's eating, he grunts and lunges! But the foster girls are so absorbed in eating I think a bomb could go off next to them and they wouldn't be distracted! They don't mind being stroked while they eat at all! Plus if they want to get away they would just pick up the piece of food they were eating and drag it away so they were out of your reach.

Yeah, as long as they let you its fine....my kermit would have let you do anything to him while he was eating, nothing would have put him off his food!

I am allowed to stroke Dutchie and Bella whilst they are eating but not Chloe and DEFINATELY not Albert

Mine don't mind at all. Although it depends what they are going for. Sometimes if Wolfie has a particularly juicy bit of cabbage he will grunt if I touch him. I know he doesn't lunge or bite, and if I am feeling a little naughty, I keep stroking him and he grunts in a higher and higher pitch. :lol:

yeah, it depends on the bunny. Fudge doesn't seem to mind it, but I tend to leave him when he is eating.

I would say as long as your not obviously annoying them then it's actually quite a good idea. It helps associate being touched by you with positive stuff (food) so helps make friends :)

I would say as long as your not obviously annoying them then it's actually quite a good idea. It helps associate being touched by you with positive stuff (food) so helps make friends :)

I agree - this is how I get a bun used to being touched:D

Back