• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Earwigs

Jan

Warren Scout
Does anyone know of a good way of repelling earwigs? Everytime I clean my buns hutch out I find at least 3 or 4 of the horrid little things. I know every living thing has it`s right to live it`s life but would prefer if they found their own home! I know of alot of different insect sprays and powders etc but need something safe to use around the buns.

If you are worried about the rabbits, don't be, earwigs are totally harmless. They are fascinating little creature, they are one of the few, non social insects who look after their eggs and young, so enjoy them rather than want to get rid of them.

I find earwigs in my bunny shed too, but they don't do any damage and are harmless...so I just sweep them out of the door !

Earwigs get everywhere. Found one in my bra cup once. Didn't realise till I felt wriggling after I'd put it on. :shock:

Back