• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby Rabbits & Guinea Pigs

Hi :wave:
We are getting 2 baby rabbits which we have a hutch for but we would really like to let our guinea pigs and rabbits play together, we have heard that this is something that can work but are unsure so would really like some advice on how to go about it....
Also at what age is it ok to separate the babies from their mum ?
Thankyou :)

Can you get Rescue buns instead? That way you won't have to go through the hassle of neutering/bonding/recovery etc etc & it'll save you a fortune:D

i would have Angie if i had not already let the children see their baby buns from birth they are already in love with then now...
but thanks for the suggestion :D

Hi :wave:
We are getting 2 baby rabbits which we have a hutch for but we would really like to let our guinea pigs and rabbits play together, we have heard that this is something that can work but are unsure so would really like some advice on how to go about it....
Also at what age is it ok to separate the babies from their mum ?
Thankyou :)

Hiya :wave: and welcome.

Where are you getting the baby buns from? They should not be rehomed before 8 weeks. Guineas and buns are a big no no, there are lots of threads to explain why think theres abit on the Rehome bit of the site to explain all the reasons. How old are your children? I only ask because baby buns are great to start with but once hormones hit they are quite a handful and can put children off. Normally they will settle post neutering but they are worse than puppies just to warn you!! :)

Back