• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sad News - Milo

Hello All,

I have just returned from the vets, and I made the decision to have Milo put to sleep.

He was in so much agony today and I could not bear to see him suffer any longer.

I still don't know what was the right thing to do. If we had continued, would he have pulled through, should I have trusted my initial instincts and let him go at the beginning?

But, I do know that no animal should suffer such pain, which is what made my mind up.

My vets and the nurses have tried so hard to help him, they are so sad too, but they think it was time to let him have peace.

Thank you all for your advice and support with this.

Alice x

So sorry :cry:

That must have been a very hard decision, but treating something as difficult as myxomatosis is a battle that is not often over even if you do manage to pull the rabbit through. A lot end up with neurological damage :cry:

I think you have made the right decision to end his suffering and you gave him a chance which is more than most would do.

I hope Milo is binkying free at peace now.
xxx

I am so very sorry Alice :cry:
I know that any decision you have made will have been taken with Milo's best interests as a priority.

:cry: :cry:

Thank you for your kind words. It does help to know people understand I would not have chosen to have him put to sleep without a lot of thought and angst.

And, I must admit I was worried that as he succumbed so easily, and so devastatingly badly, would he ever have been safe again. Having said this, this did not have any impact on my decision, it was the sheer agony he was suffering which decided me.

I did not know about the neurological problems some suffer.

Alice x

So sorry Alice, but if he was suffering then you have doe the right thing for Milo.
Take care and hope all gets sorted out very soon for you, I am thinking of you
xx

so sorr you bhave had to go thrugh this and sonds like you made the right decision. you obviously loved him dearly and letting him go was a loving gift to him
hugs x

Sorry to hear that you had such a horrible decision to make. :(
Know in your heart that you did the absolute best for him.

Alice were really sorry :( to hear about milo, Tiana is devastated for yoy to as she fell in love with him as you know.
We are thinking of you x x x

I am so very sorry Alice, but I am sure you did the right thing. No one wants to see their bunnies suffer. He is at peace now... Binky free little Milo xxxx

Oh no! I am sorry to hear about Milo but I know that you would have made the right decision by him. He is at peace now x

Back