• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbiting On- What do You Think of the 'Syringe Feeding' Article ?

I had a brief look at it last night.

I was very pleased to read that new research is being done into the use of panacur for EC, hopefully by the end of the year we will have some better understanding of how the treatment works and what lengths are most effective :)

I was very pleased to read that new research is being done into the use of panacur for EC, hopefully by the end of the year we will have some better understanding of how the treatment works and what lengths are most effective :)

Yeah that is really good news :)

As for the syringing article I thought what it said about feeding was ok but there was nowhere near enough advice on when you should do it, they should have made it clear it should not be done unless told so by a vet!

As for the syringing article I thought what it said about feeding was ok but there was nowhere near enough advice on when you should do it, they should have made it clear it should not be done unless told so by a vet!

I agree Lou. I have emailed the RWAF mentioning this fact.

As for the syringing article I thought what it said about feeding was ok but there was nowhere near enough advice on when you should do it, they should have made it clear it should not be done unless told so by a vet![/QUOTE]

I admit that they didn't specifically state it should only be done under the guidence of a vet, but it did make repeated references to vets, ie it implied that syringe feeding is needed after surgery so therefore a vet would be involved, it also said that a vet would provide the syringe feed and the syringes and that if you were having problems to contact the vet :)

I'm glad that they only mentioned syringe feeding afte a surgical procedure such as a dental and that there was no mention of owners rushing into syringe feed as soon as bunny looks unwell and stops eating, which most of us know is potentially fatal. But it would have been better if they had mentioned the risks specifically :)

I'm glad they mentioned about the gap next to the incisors to aim for! It would have helped me a lot if I'd known about that rather than finding it by accident :? (You'd think the vets would have said... Or maybe they did but I was too worried/stressed to take it in.)

I really enjoyed this quarters Rabbiting On. Some good articles, I thought the ones of aggressive/nervous buns and obese bun were especially interesting

I didn't read it, but thought I'd just mention that I discovered that the infacol pipette is really good for syringe feeding, and giving water. I found it a lot easier the other night when Nunzeo was ill to use the pipette rather than an actual syringe.

Back