• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

neurotic rabbit owners!

CDW

Warren Scout
Hi

After having a sleepless night worrying that my rabbit was ill (without any real reason!!) I'm coming to the conclusion that I'm slowly going mad.

I fed my two rabbits last night and just because one of them didn't immediately jump to her bowl to eat her food I panicked thinking she was ill. She did eat the food I left her last night, and has been eating grass and hay and more food this morning. She's also been drinking, peeing and producing droppings as normal so not quite sure why I was stressing :oops:.

Is this just me being neurotic or do other people have these irrational worries too!!!

I love my two wee rabbits to bits but god do they give me stress!!!!!

Last edited:
I'm awful - But then I like to think I have reason to be so bad with all the emergencies I seem to get with only a few bunnies ;) :cry:

I wake up in the middle of the night at the moment and go to check on the babies :lol:

I am certainly becoming neurotic!

The other day, Roxy was running around, then she went behind a patio chair and flopped out. Her eye looked like it had rolled up into her head....

I freaked out big time and rushed over to her...she was only having a rest! I did feel silly afterwards!!!

I am the same! Last night our foster bunny (who has been with us for two and a half weeks) rolled over on his side and just lay there with his eyes closed. He hasn't done this before, and really he was just chilling to the max, but I watched his breathing like a hawk until he sat back up! What are we like!:lol::lol:

Me too! I like to think i'm laid-back and level headed but i seem to be in a paranoid panic most of the time when it comes to buns:oops::lol:

Im normally not too bad - except for when they PRETEND TO BE DEAD! Some of mine like to do that - naughty buns :no:

I was never neurotic but I knew them all so well that I was aware straight away if something was wrong with them.

Sounds exactly what I did today. Frankie didn't run out to great me today but Kassy did. He was asleep in the hutch I immediately thought he was ill. :lol: He's usually first out to see if there is any food in offer.

Back