• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dilemma! U/D Decision made

Oh id love to see pics of them running about your garden :)

Do you seriously think any of us are going to tell you not to take them!

I think they are beautiful buns, but I don't think it's anyone else's place to tell you if you should have them or not.. nor do I think you should take them out of guilt!

I think you should do whatever your heart says... it is tough though, I have a pair here that have been waiting for a home for nine months, but they get all they need here and know no different, even if they have to stay here for years they will have a good life!

It is true a rescue could help two more after two have been taken.. I just think if you have doubts then maybe you should think about it a little more. :)

Soz don't want to pressure you into anything, not sure why no-one likes them, maybe their colour and appearance? Are all your other buns oldies?

My others are a mix but as space has become more limited ie the closer I've been to max numbers, the older the buns have been. April was 3, Noah 4, Tigger and Lindt 5 and a half, and Foxglove and Firefly 7, Forest 7 too.

Oh id love to see pics of them running about your garden :)

Do you seriously think any of us are going to tell you not to take them!

hehe well maybe...it's thinking about the other buns I could potentially take instead I guess...

hehe well maybe...it's thinking about the other buns I could potentially take instead I guess...

Like I said on the other thread - there will always be two more that break your heart, or one oldy who needs extra attention, or a couple of neglected buns who will only be about for a few more months and you want to give them some happiness. You can't save all the buns! In the end you have to do what's right for you.

Though I have to say, if your heart was really in getting them, then maybe it would be an easier decision to make. Don't feel like you have to take two hard to home rabbits just cos you have the space. The buns have got to be right for you.

Like I said on the other thread - there will always be two more that break your heart, or one oldy who needs extra attention, or a couple of neglected buns who will only be about for a few more months and you want to give them some happiness. You can't save all the buns! In the end you have to do what's right for you.

Though I have to say, if your heart was really in getting them, then maybe it would be an easier decision to make. Don't feel like you have to take two hard to home rabbits just cos you have the space. The buns have got to be right for you.

Yes, it's true there's a never-ending supply of heart-breaking buns :? But these two caught my eye as they've been in rescue since birth, so I do feel sorry for them. Plus my own buns are having such a glorious summer it seems a shame these two can't share it. :(

Well I've come to a decision but it's been very hard. Although I really like these two gorgeous buns, I am convinced that they will be adopted in time, as there is nothing - age/health/looks - to prevent them. Because there are only two spaces maximum here left, I really feel that I want to use them to adopt buns that are less likely to get homes - like Frodo and Fritzi, age 7 were, for example. They faced the real prospect of having the rest of their lives in rescue, and as it's my last two spaces I really feel I'd like to give them to buns in that category, which I don't believe Amber and Alfie are. The fact that they've been in rescue all their lives is very sad, but not as sad as the buns who are older, and have not been in rescue but are in bad conditions instead, and have been for years, and it's that kind of bun I would really like to save the last two spaces for.

I am really grateful to everyone who has offered advice on both of these threads, and I do hope you can understand and respect my decision.

I dont understand why they've been there so long, i wish i could have them but got to save money for a house so am banned from taking on anymore animals :(

Glad you came to the right decision for you.....i shall look forwards to news on whoever your next two buns may be!

Back