• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biting bunny.....

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
What is the best way to deal with aq bunny who bites?
The last couple of days Bea has started biting.
At first I thought it might pain related but there isnt anywhere you touch that makes her do it and it isn't a territorial responce as there doesnt seem to be a particular place she does it.
Seeing as there doesn't seem to be any trigger for the behaviour I don't really know what the appropriate responce to it. Should I leave her enclosure when she does it or should I stay in there until she stops doing it?
She kind of sneaks up and then bites. It's not hard but I don't want to ignore it incase it develops.
It's so random when she does it, most of the time she is a lovely friendly bunny.
I really don't know what to do :?
HELP!!!!!

Just wear thick clothing, and squeal everytime bea bites you. is it a nip or an actualy bite. i've found when they nip it's usually them trying to politely point something out to you. if they bite it's usually aggressive related. i would say just act as normal after you've squealed, she may just be going through a phase.

for example. i was clipping ted's nails but i had groomed her before hand. but the second paw she was getting a bit annoyed with it so nipped me, so i then stopped. but it was just her way saying enough mummy.

hope this helps hun.

Do you get Rabbiting On magazine? I was reading it this morning and there is a good article on agressive/nervous bunnies.

Is she like it out of the pen? Poppy is terribly hutch aggressive, but is fine now she's free range house bun?

With Calel I wear thick clothing & ignore him. He doesn't keep hold then:D

I wouldn't assume it wasn't pain related if you couldn't see anything though - can you get her ears/back checked by a vet?:D

Just wear thick clothing, and squeal everytime bea bites you. is it a nip or an actualy bite. i've found when they nip it's usually them trying to politely point something out to you. if they bite it's usually aggressive related. i would say just act as normal after you've squealed, she may just be going through a phase.

for example. i was clipping ted's nails but i had groomed her before hand. but the second paw she was getting a bit annoyed with it so nipped me, so i then stopped. but it was just her way saying enough mummy.

hope this helps hun.

She doesn't lock on but at the same time its a lot harder than a nip. It's mostly my clothes she bites...she doesn't catch me very often.

I'm not doing anthing to her as such when she does it, so I don't think it is irritation.

Do you get Rabbiting On magazine? I was reading it this morning and there is a good article on agressive/nervous bunnies.

Is she like it out of the pen? Poppy is terribly hutch aggressive, but is fine now she's free range house bun?

She doesn't come out of the pen, but it's 9x5 foot and she isn't fussed when I go in there with her. If anything she gets really excited.
She never bites when I first go in, she does it after a little while. It's not just the one bite though, she keeps coming back to do it again after I've pushed her away.
Maybe I'm just not spending enough time upstairs with her :(

Charlie used to try and chew my clothes and he'd get hold of me when he did it. I said "oi" fairly high pitched every time and put him on the floor (he was normally on my bed when he did it) and he hasn't done it since

If it is on the ankles try wearing wellies so you don't notice and completely ignore it?

I always sit on the floor for her, so I can interact with her properly.
I guess it's just going to be a lot of will power :lol:

She may want your attention :? Is it viscious or more.. "Come on Mum.. play!"

Usually if she wants anything she nudges rather than bites. I'm going to try spending more time with her. She gets cross if I'm doing something else other than fussing her. Maybe it is just attention seeking.....little madam :roll::lol:

You gonna come down and stay then?
You'll get to meet both my men then! He gets really excited every time I come down from being with her, jumping all over me and giving me kisses. She dosn't seem too fussed when I go up to her though after being with him.
Not sure if they would make a good couple.....what do you think? ;)

You gonna come down and stay then?
You'll get to meet both my men then! He gets really excited every time I come down from being with her, jumping all over me and giving me kisses. She dosn't seem too fussed when I go up to her though after being with him.
Not sure if they would make a good couple.....what do you think? ;)

I've never met Blue but Bea is the most stunning rabbit I have EVER seen. Honestly.
Yeah I am if that's still okay?
Not sure when though... am ultra paranoid about leaving babies.. they just seem to be getting ill all the time.
Need to take Gabriel to the vets for his sore hocks.. they're getting worse and he is on thick hay?!?!?!?!

I've never met Blue but Bea is the most stunning rabbit I have EVER seen. Honestly.
Yeah I am if that's still okay?
Not sure when though... am ultra paranoid about leaving babies.. they just seem to be getting ill all the time.
Need to take Gabriel to the vets for his sore hocks.. they're getting worse and he is on thick hay?!?!?!?!

Just let me know when and there will be a bed spare for you! Bea really is gorgeous. I just need to curb this biting!
I really don't know what to suggest with Gabes hocks...I have absolutely no experiance in that area. Jacks-Jane will probably be able to help though....I know she has a couple of buns who have had poorly hocks in the past.
You just want to see Damien :lol:

Back