• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Joey's ear - can anyone help???? UPDATE

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
... well he's gone from a uppy eared bun to a helicopter :shock: When he was little he had one up and one down, gradually they stayed up unless he is very relaxed and one goes down slightly... he's 2 years old and its suddenly dropped completely and stays down all the time... is this normal? Ive checked all round his ears and cant see anything. Just wondered if anyone has had this with any of there buns?

Last edited:
no help I'm afraid but will be watching for answers as April's just done exactly the same thing! One ear is suddenly down but no sign of damage/ pain/injury...is helicopter ears catching or something? :?

Last edited:
I've got to laugh but so has Nesbit :shock: he is uppy eared when running around etc... but just recently at rest he has one ear down!

I've no idea but :lol: help anyone??

Leo was a helicopter bun when i got him, which gradually went to both ears down. I have no idea why their ears change though...

I could be totally wrong here, but im sure i've read it can be sign of an ear infection?

Yeh that was what i was thinking, somethink like gooey ear or mites but i cant see a thing it all looks and feels normal? Do you think i should take him to the vet anyway incase?

Update

Its gone back up, ive checked it everyday and there has been nothing, then over the last week its gradually gone back up again????? :shock:

Do you rekon they have a secret society and somehow communicate to confuse the hooomans??? This is very very odd indeed.... :shock:

Back