• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do you think bunnies ever get over the loss of a partner

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
harvey 1 of our british giants lost his partner about 6 months ago:cry::cry: she passed away in her sleep, since losing belle we,ve managed to bond harvey with another girlie bun called lucy and they do love each other, they lay together and groom etc but harvey seems to of lost his spark for life:cry::cry: when belle was alive he used to come out of his hutch and explore the garden and binky etc but now when i open his hutch he comes out for a few minutes and then goes back in:? neither harvey or lucy have given me any indication they are not happy together but he definetly has never been the same since losiing belle.:cry:

do you think its possible that when 1 of a strongly boneded pair passes away the bunny left behind never truly gets over their loss :?
harvey was with belle when she passed away, he is 4 and a half , do you think this is old for a giant:?

opinions appreciated:D:D

Oscar and Hermione were VERY strongly bonded, they adored each other. Oscar would do everything Hermy would do, and Hermy was the dominant bun in the relationship.
When she passed, we took Oscar to see her body and he has never really been the same since then. He pined for her for weeks, literally refusing to come out of his enclosure... refusing to eat sometimes.... I feel he was depressed. He's a lone bun now, and when he first knew that a new girlie was around, I have never seen him happier, he was going binkie mad.

Maybe Harvey is over it, but possibly his new partner has had a calming affect on him? its like people, you change when you are around different friends, maybe same goes for bunnies too? :?

Back