• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging boxes

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
I would love to make Leo and Lila a digging box. Its hard to find toys that they like and they love to dig, particularly Leo. Every time he's out on the grass he will dig. Thank goodness they are on the patio!

I have heard about digging boxes on here but I am a bit clueless as to how to make one and what to put in it.

Help!

I would love to make Leo and Lila a digging box. Its hard to find toys that they like and they love to dig, particularly Leo. Every time he's out on the grass he will dig. Thank goodness they are on the patio!

I have heard about digging boxes on here but I am a bit clueless as to how to make one and what to put in it.

Help!

I was thinking of using children's sand pits!

How about an underbed storage box?

If you use wood like I did when I made one for Katie and Captain, they tend to soak up any moisture and start to get a bit manky. Also these two very dirty bunsters decided to use it as a loo which made it unuseable very quickly. If you use plastic, it won't harbour infection. If you don't want it to fill with water, you can use the plastic lid they supply to cover it when it rains.

Ooh do you know what? I might have to go get some of those for myself! :D:D

Aw :love: That's good...thanks Liz, will definately give it a go (keep seeing them advertised on freecycle so will try an grab a bargain! ;))

We have a tortoise one, we have drilled holes in the bottom for when it rains heavily so it doesn't fill up with water. It came with a lid but we rarely use it as we are worried about our old buns sliding of it as they have 24 hour access to it :)

I used a wooden planter filled with soil for my two. It's been in there about a year now and as well as being regularly emptied it's also been remodelled...

DSCF4175.jpg

and yesterday Flop completed his latest alteration.. a ground floor door :roll:

DSCF4174.jpg

I use a covered cat litter tray and run one of those green tubes into the front, my nethies have great fun digging the soil all down the tunnel :lol:

An underbed storage tray filled with dirt from the garden. :D They don't very often dig in it but they like rolling in there like a pair of pigs. :lol:

Back