• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlie's just dislocated his toe! - U/D Bond problems?

sarahlm

New Kit
My little man Charlie (4yr old lop) has somehow dislocated one of his toes on his rearfoot - just been to emergency vets and they've xrayed it and strapped it up - he seems very proud of it and keeps sticking it out and licking it.

He's had pain relief and anti inflams and is weeing/pooing and eating fine so should be ok, but I'll keep a close eye on him.

Has anyone else experienced this and did it heal up ok?

Last edited:
broken bond?

Charlie is on cage rest in the room and his partner saffy is free range in the room so they can see/smell/talk to each other and are usually all loved up. They were cuddled up against the bars when I left them last night,

Vet had said to make sure he uses the leg, so I let him out while I sorted his cage and there was a BIG fight! He started humping her head (she usually humps him - I think he reckons the bandage has upped his status) and then they battered each other. Looked like they were properly locked on - it was horrible.

I seperated them immediately, checked they were both ok and they're seperated in the same room again. Saffy has been sniffing through the bars and they seem ok.

I obviously won't put them back together until his dressing is off in a couple of days and I'll put them back together in the bath -(worked last time) but is this normal and should I be worried?
They've been perfectly bonded for 18 months and I'd hate it all to go wrong now. There's never been any problems when one has stayed at the vets before. Advice anyone?

Back